Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the cheapest, fastest, or easiest way to complete TESU General Ed Req?
(02-24-2020, 04:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU no longer lets you test out of Info Lit, I'm not sure why they even have that on the degree plans - you HAVE to take the cornerstone through them for this requirement.  Just omit the words "info lit" and substitute "cornerstone."

Oh, that's good to know. So I just need to take TESU's cornerstone to fulfill the Info Literacy requirement? Does this mean I need to add 3 more credits I need to complete for my electives or general electives?

(02-24-2020, 12:21 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Info Literacy can be completed through a CLEP exam for Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (can get the free voucher for it on Modern States), it is 6 credit and the other 3 credits are placed in Humanities category.
Wait, so it's worth 6 credits and TESU will let the credit be split? Unfortunately, I'm unsure if I can take CLEP exams. They are not available in the country I'm in, but I've e-mailed a university in a nearby country to inquire about the costs and how I can have something scheduled.
(02-24-2020, 08:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 안녕 친구,

The BALS with any of those "business" concentrations are a waste of your time, you should go for the BSBA as those concentrations have specific course requirements vs the BSBA concentrations, you can get a BSBA with an AOS as it would stand out better.  An cheaper/easier/faster option would be to do a BALS with a Humanities, Social Science, or no concentration.

You should start with the FREE courses on the wiki and complete them for general education/free elective credits.  If you want to view a sample spreadsheet template, you can view the links on my signature.  The choices/options for each course are entered into the spreadsheet to help you as a guide, you can change the course if you don't like it.

BTW, do you have tuition reimbursement from work?  Do you have a specific budget or time frame you want to complete this?

안녕

안녕,

Then I'll pursue no concentration. I've completed all the free courses available, and currently looking into Modern States assuming CLEP vouchers are still being provided. But I'll have to travel to another country to take CLEP exams, so I'm currently waiting for a response from the university I e-mailed inquiring about costs and how and if I can set up multiple exams. Edit: They have responded and charge $109 proctoring services per exam, but Modern States is currently reimbursing test center fees? The only issue is my confirmed scheduled date could possibly be rescheduled. But for now, do you recommend that I put off taking any courses that CLEP provides?

I do not have tuition reimbursement, but I would ideally like to complete this within 3 to 6 months for around <$8000. I've created a spreadsheet, and this is what I have so far.

Attached Files
.docx   tesubals.docx (Size: 18.67 KB / Downloads: 12)
Jinsoo - You stationed in South Korea? Where is your nearest exam center, Singapore? I would hold off the CLEP exams if you're that far from a testing center and work exclusively online using the known tried and true providers such as StraighterLine and Study.com. You should do College Algebra/Trigonometry with ALEKS for $20/month for 6 credits if you're not a math phobe.

Actually, you would be better off doing a BALS with Social Science as the courses that I recommend you from Study.com are mainly Criminal Justice, History, Psychology, Sociology etc that are in the Social Sciences, and you can take a few Humanities courses as well from them. You can complete the Social Science concentration with TEEX courses below.

1) Buy a new or used secondary monitor for multi-tasking, example, have the course pdf, text, etc open.
2) Setup yourself an ACE Credit Registry account to keep track of your credits
3) If you don't like ALEKS, you can skip it as I couldn't get the Stats credits (too hard/lengthy for me to finish).

4) Do all the Onlinedegree.com courses for 44 credits, at $9/course - start with COOKING 101
Take the easy ones and if you fail the computer programming or if other courses aren't your cup of tea, skip them.
Do the Applied Pro electives, then Social Sciences, and lastly work on the Natural Sciences in this list.
EC Link: https://www.onlinedegree.com/wp-content/...a_4-18.pdf
TESU Link: https://www.onlinedegree.com/wp-content/...apping.pdf

5) I would work on the TEEX 1 credit courses first, then 2, and lastly 3. Something like this order as it should go from easier to harder.

FSA116 Foundations of Forensic Photography, 1 credit, $45
FSA118 Foundations of Courtroom Testimony, 1 credit, $45
FSA113 Basic Criminal Investigation, 2 credits, $75
FSA107 Basic Property Technician, 3 credits, $45
FSA115 Foundations of Fingerprint Comparison, 3 credits, $45
FSA114 Death Investigation, 3 credits, $75 - Upper Level

For TEEX courses, there is no trick, you're just opening the provided PDF or the course material on another browser and moving that to your second screen. These are course info provided to you already from the course. In fact, I logon twice to the course on two browsers (chrome/firefox), one to view the data over again and one to test with.

6) I would work on StraighterLine/Study.com last as these are subscription based, you would need to pay a monthly membership.
You should take the courses that "overlap", like LL/UL History and LL/UL Psychology, etc to round out the degree requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-25-2020, 12:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Jinsoo - You stationed in South Korea? Where is your nearest exam center, Singapore?  I would hold off the CLEP exams if you're that far from a testing center and work exclusively online using the known tried and true providers such as StraighterLine and Study.com.  You should do College Algebra/Trigonometry with ALEKS for $20/month for 6 credits if you're not a math phobe.

Actually, you would be better off doing a BALS with Social Science as the courses that I recommend you from Study.com are mainly Criminal Justice, History, Psychology, Sociology etc that are in the Social Sciences, and you can take a few Humanities courses as well from them.  You can complete the Social Science concentration with TEEX courses below.

1) Buy a new or used secondary monitor for multi-tasking, example, have the course pdf, text, etc open.
3) If you don't like ALEKS, you can skip it as I couldn't get the Stats credits (too hard/lengthy for me to finish).

4) Do all the Onlinedegree.com courses for 44 credits, at $9/course - start with COOKING 101
Take the easy ones and if you fail the computer programming or if other courses aren't your cup of tea, skip them.
Do the Applied Pro electives, then Social Sciences, and lastly work on the Natural Sciences in this list.

5) I would work on the TEEX 1 credit courses first, then 2, and lastly 3. Something like this order as it should go from easier to harder.

For TEEX courses, there is no trick, you're just opening the provided PDF or the course material on another browser and moving that to your second screen. These are course info provided to you already from the course. In fact, I logon twice to the course on two browsers (chrome/firefox), one to view the data over again and one to test with.

6) I would work on StraighterLine/Study.com last as these are subscription based, you would need to pay a monthly membership.
You should take the courses that "overlap", like LL/UL History and LL/UL Psychology, etc to round out the degree requirements.
If stationed on base, don't they have free DSSTs for active duty?

Is onlinedegree the one that has courses that do not allow you to skip videos?
(02-25-2020, 12:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Jinsoo - You stationed in South Korea? Where is your nearest exam center, Singapore?  I would hold off the CLEP exams if you're that far from a testing center and work exclusively online using the known tried and true providers such as StraighterLine and Study.com.  You should do College Algebra/Trigonometry with ALEKS for $20/month for 6 credits if you're not a math phobe.

Actually, you would be better off doing a BALS with Social Science as the courses that I recommend you from Study.com are mainly Criminal Justice, History, Psychology, Sociology etc that are in the Social Sciences, and you can take a few Humanities courses as well from them.  You can complete the Social Science concentration with TEEX courses below.

I am currently in Taiwan, and my nearest exam center is Japan. I do travel to Singapore and Hong Kong every now and then, but surprisingly neither of them has CLEP exam centers? According to https://clep.collegeboard.org/test-center-search at least.

For onlinedegree and the TEEX courses, are those just to help fill my elective requirements? It seems like the only ones I can use to fill my general ed req or general ed electives are EC-101, PS-101, and AST-101? Or is TESU's equivalency list flexible? Like HS-103 is equivalent to TESU's HIS-122 but https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after requires HIS-126?
Yeah, hold off the CLEP for now, Coronavirus is a major concern in Asia, I would keep tight and go out lesser to "school zones". An example is that - All schools are being shut down in Japan until April 1 just because of that virus. Anyways, work on the credits online with the usual providers. I suggest working on the ones that doesn't require a membership first and move on...

The course naming/numbering doesn't matter, it's the course contents that comes into TESU as a similar course, any of the other Big 3, including TESU's equivalency list is very flexible, as long as the course is very similar in content, it can be used in any of the course requirements. Just make sure you get the upper level mainly from Study.com as it requires a monthly subscription.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch