Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the last academic subject you would want to study?
After suffering through a leadership course, I've determined that a leadership degree program would be the last thing I would attempt. Well, I already knew before the course I would hate it because I hated organizational behavior in undergrad. But, now I am sure that leadership would be the most boring and useless subject I could study. I'd rather earn a degree in puppetry, bowling alley technology, or The Beatles. At least those would either be somewhat interesting or teach me a skill. If I wanted to study psychology in the workplace, then I would just get an I/O psychology degree. At least that leads directly to a career. I am so happy that I didn't get stuck with organizational theory this semester. There are only two people taking that course in my program. Confusedmilelol:
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • dewisant
I am currently doing an independent study in Life in a Wheelchair and wholeheartedly un-recommend it to everyone if you can possibly avoid it. On the bright side, I have somehow Ninja mind-tricked my students into thinking it's fabulous to get to use all this superhuman technology. Wink

In other subjects, I would add Educational Leadership to Sanantone's Leadership umbrella. I would also flee from anything involving PARCC (Common Core testing). And as a kindness to those around me, Vocal Performance and Drill Team.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes KayV's post:
  • dewisant
At least there isn't a whole degree program for Life in a Wheelchair. :p
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Unfortunately, I don't think I will be graduating until I get my own exoskeleton. Gives me something to look forward to, at least. Wink

And now, I am adding bowling alley technology to my list of Curiously Fascinating Subjects.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Hmmmm....

I have a unique situation because I am getting an MS in Project Management but I'll be using it in a legal environment instead of the typical way it is used (construction, IT, software development, etc.)

My program plan of study is as follows:

LAW 650 Negotn, Meditn & Arbitratn 3 SP2015
TCM 710 Project Leadership 3 SP2015
TCM 701 Project Management 3 SP2015
CIS 761 Management Information Systems 3 SU2015
TCM 645 Project Control Systems 3 SU2015
TCM 740 Mgt of Innovation/Technology 3 SU2015
COM 611 Conflict and Communication 3 FA2015
MGT 600 Adm, Org, and Operations Conc 3 FA2015
TCM 651 Cost Analysis for Project Mgt 3 FA2015
TCM 750 Advanced Project Management 3 SP2016
TCM 726 Seminar in Project Management 3 SP2016
COM 617 Comm & Diversity in Workplace 3 SP2016

I'm finding leadership to be quite tolerable but that's because the information is so generic that it gives me an opportunity to really focus on Project Management and Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitration class. If I had to take it alone, I'd probably keel over from lack of interest. There are some others coming up that I'm eyeballing for absolute boredom but I want to go into it with optimism so I really am trying to reserve judgment.

Aside from that...the most boring subject I can think of would be accounting. It's a necessary evil but there is absolutely zero interesting about it.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
Literature. I hate being forced to read. I hate being forced to read large amount quickly even more. It's counter productive to the way my brain works and it was painful to get through my American Literature class last semester. It's nothing against the literature itself, I would just much rather read something at my own pace.
61 - American Government CLEP - May '14
64 - Biology CLEP - June '14
67 - US History I CLEP - July '14
60 - US History II CLEP - January '15

63 credits toward my degree so far!
KayV Wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think I will be graduating until I get my own exoskeleton. Gives me something to look forward to, at least. Wink

And now, I am adding bowling alley technology to my list of Curiously Fascinating Subjects.

I was a little off on the degree title. It's Bowling Industry Management and Technology.

Bowling Industry Management and Technology | Vincennes University

Leadership courses must be boring in every discipline. My course was criminal justice leadership and management. One of my former professors has a PhD in Leadership. With courses like this, I don't know how he got through it.

Progression of Courses

LEAD 9310
Intermediate Leadership Theories
LEAD 9320
Intra-Organizational Leadership
LEAD 9321
Inter-Organizational Leadership
LEAD 9313
Global Leadership
LEAD 9170
Synthesis of Leadership and Research Theories
LEAD 9172
Leadership Theories Synthesis for Leadership
Readings in Leadership

LEAD 9350
Historical Leadership Theories
LEAD 9351
Advanced Leadership Theories
Applied Courses for Leaders

Communication

LEAD 9261
Oral Communication for Leaders
LEAD 9316
Conflict Management
Management

LEAD 9311
Leadership Issues in Technology and Organizational Change OR
LEAD 9314
Leadership Decision Processes
LEAD 9323
Resource Management I
LEAD 9173
Management Synthesis for Leadership
Legal and Ethical

LEAD 9324
Legal Issues
LEAD 9352
Leadership Ethics and Morality
Policy Development at the Leadership Level

LEAD 9330
Policy, Values and Partnerships
LEAD 9332
Applications in Policy and Services
The Complexity of Leadership Research

Progression of Related Courses

LEAD 9341
Intermediate Research Methods
LEAD 9342
Advanced Research Methods
LEAD 9343
Experimental Design and Statistics I
LEAD 9344
Experimental Design and Statistics II
LEAD 9171
Research Synthesis for Leadership

Department of Leadership Studies
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Sorry, but I loved accounting! Now law, THAT was horrible!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Sorry, but I loved accounting! Now law, THAT was horrible!

I love law...certified paralegal in litigation and trial practice. Lol
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
Four letter word...MATH
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humans may be fueling global warming by breathing: new study LevelUP 12 135 04-17-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.Com student or teacher login? acamp 6 768 03-29-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: acamp
  Academic Drama Alpha 0 595 10-07-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question how to study for exam Imbanewbie 3 1,638 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Physics GRE Subject Test Does Not Predict PhD Completion sanantone 10 2,131 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  US vs foreign tech workers (moved from Study.com New CS Courses) armstrongsubero 17 2,462 12-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Study abroad burbuja0512 9 2,136 11-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Hunger And Homelessness Are Widespread Among College Students, Study Finds allvia 2 1,897 04-05-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Study of Georgia Tech OMSCS shows solid success davewill 2 1,568 03-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Anybody got recommendations for study tools for the LSAT? Nerdymcnerdface 5 2,273 08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77