Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the last academic subject you would want to study?
Accounting is like a mix of math and law, especially taxation. The math is basic, but there are so many rules. Ew. Law by itself is okay for me, though. Math is boring, but at least it's a valuable thing to learn. Accounting and law are also valuable. I'm still searching for the value in leadership degrees. One course is fine, but a whole degree program seems like overkill.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Fun question!

I hate-hate-hate-hate studying education pedagogy. I completed an undergraduate certificate through University of Iowa in 1994 butt-in-seat. It was required for my job, so I didn't pay for it and had no choice. I promise you if it had been 1 day longer, I may have stabbed myself in the eye.

I am not a fan of history courses, so if I took only US History for my social science degree. I love school and studying, so in all honesty, I would take a class in almost anything (once).

EDIT: I just remembered I don't like the "Great Books" at all. I own the full set, they are beautiful on my shelf... leather bound and everything. Everytime I try and crack open Plato or Aristotle, I just can't get rolling.
Someday, in some college film or art program, the students are going to be shelling out a couple thousand bucks to sit through a Filmography course based on the Reality TV programs of today.

That is the class I DO NOT want to study.
TESTS PASSED

Intro to Law Enforcement (70) DSST, Criminal Justice (461) DSST, US History 1 (71) CLEP, US History 2 (66) CLEP, Civil War & Reconstruction (67) DSST
Business Ethics & Society (447) DSST, Principles of Management (65) CLEP, Principles of Supervision (450) DSST, Organizational Behavior (60) DSST
Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (56) DSST, Intro to World Religions (469) DSST, Management Info Systems (448) DSST, Prin of MACROeconomics (63)
Prin of MICROeconomics (64) CLEP, Labor Relations (A) ECE, HR Management (B) ECE, Principles of Financial Accounting(65) DSST, Prin of Finance (408) Money and Banking (52) DSST
Hi I am jgbenjamin age 16; if there was one highschool course I could have wiggled out of it would have been Abeka algebraI. I know algebra is required to be a nurse!!! Which is my goal. Also I don't like memorizing chemical symbols in my current chemistry class
I would have to say that although math is my favorite subject I do hate performing complex calculations sometimes. The challenge of getting the correct answer is what sucks me in, but writing out 2 to 3 pages for a single problem sometimes gets tedious... And then there are the times when I lose my place in a calculation and have to back track to figure out what the heck I was doing to get to the current step in my solution...
2014 MBA Management & Strategy - WGU
2013 BS
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology - TESC
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS
Nuclear Engineering Technology - TESC

[/SIZE]
Anything math related... My mind doesn't do well with math. I fought HARD just to get through my required college algebra & statistics course. I was so happy when I finally passed them. Both were cases where I received a 70% and smiled.
I can't stand literature classes. Don't get me wrong, I love to read. I still read anything from Aristotle to Zahn, but the attempt to attach meaning to quite literally every single sentence used drives me up the wall.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humans may be fueling global warming by breathing: new study LevelUP 9 601 02-21-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  Study.Com student or teacher login? acamp 6 765 03-29-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: acamp
  Academic Drama Alpha 0 592 10-07-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question how to study for exam Imbanewbie 3 1,629 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Physics GRE Subject Test Does Not Predict PhD Completion sanantone 10 2,123 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  US vs foreign tech workers (moved from Study.com New CS Courses) armstrongsubero 17 2,450 12-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Study abroad burbuja0512 9 2,132 11-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Hunger And Homelessness Are Widespread Among College Students, Study Finds allvia 2 1,892 04-05-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Study of Georgia Tech OMSCS shows solid success davewill 2 1,562 03-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Anybody got recommendations for study tools for the LSAT? Nerdymcnerdface 5 2,270 08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77