Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's In A Name?
ShotoJuku Wrote:[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="3"]The prefix of "O" is significant to "Chief, Head of, Leader" etcetera.

It ("O") literally stands for "great" but as with many Japanese words and meanings they do not translate well (clearly/accurately) into English.

Domo!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Brian, I am sincerely very impressed. I know that many, many hours of hard work and sacrifice have gone into earning that appellation.

Librevore
Kate
BS Psychology
Librevore Wrote:Brian, I am sincerely very impressed. I know that many, many hours of hard work and sacrifice have gone into earning that appellation.

Librevore

[SIZE="3"]It's too bad that I cannot claim any "math" credits out of nearly 4 decades worth of study - Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin [/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Becky Sharp from Vanity Fair by Thackeray. She's not a nice person, and I am, but she's gutsy, intelligent, and not afraid to take a few risks. I'm a big reader and an anglophile.
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
beckysharp Wrote:Becky Sharp from Vanity Fair by Thackeray. She's not a nice person, and I am, but she's gutsy, intelligent, and not afraid to take a few risks. I'm a big reader and an anglophile.

Hahaha I am glad that you are a nice person! hilarious

On the anglophile note - What is your very favorite thing about the English or England? Perhaps the authors? They have sure turned out some wonderful ones.Rolleyes

Librevore
Kate
BS Psychology
My name has a pretty simple beginning. I was the LONE sailor stationed at an all Army command in Belgium (2,000 Soldiers and 1 Sailor, not a pretty picture…lol…Wink and it was COLD outside. Hence the name Cold_navy. It’s just kinda stuck after that and I've used ever since.
Scott

Intro to Sociology
US History I
Civil War & Reconstruction
American Dream
Social Science & History

121 Credits total <--- All Done! ! ! ! !

AAT Technical Studies Excelsior College
(Grad Date 6/16)
BS in Liberal Studies Excelsior College
(September 2006)
Librevore Wrote:Hahaha I am glad that you are a nice person! hilarious

On the anglophile note - What is your very favorite thing about the English or England? Perhaps the authors? They have sure turned out some wonderful ones.Rolleyes

Librevore

Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, the Brontes, Thomas Hardy and Anthony Trollope. Sunday nights find me watching PBS. I also love Rosamund Pilcher. Favorite modern author has to be Francine Rivers.

Who do you like?
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
My son has the same name so Smile

I am Kevin the first and J is the first letter of my Last name not much for creativity Smile
[COLOR="royalblue"]Humanities 50 6[/COLOR]clep 36 credits
I imagine most of you think I chose "kiwi lover" because I love kiwi fruit! Big Grin Well, I DO love the fruit but I chose that name because I am married to a New Zealander, who are also known as "kiwis".

That's the only thing I could think of when I had to decide on a name...I'm not very original either! hilarious
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
libartsmgr Wrote:However since my name is Joanne, I've been called Jo, JoJo, Joan, Joanna, and I have actually seen people write my name as Joean. Go figure.

Big Grin

To my fellow Joanne...I know exactly what you mean about the names and spellings you get for your name.

For some reason, my parents chose to spell MY name as Jo-Anne, but I never, ever spell it that way because I hate it! But it has led to people treating it as a first name and middle name, so they'd call me Jo, which I don't care for. (My actual middle "name" is just the letter "B", which I also hated when I was younger. It represents being the 2nd baby born in a set of triplets...Janet is A, I'm B, and Jean is C. Clever, eh?!) hilarious
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
I tried to have a different ID/name but for some reason my yahoo would not give me the activation email.

So I created a different one....don't really like my ID/name wish I could correct/change it....today!!!!!! LOL Maybe take the clep part off and add a differnt word.
Can I change your name? Since I am a 'newbie' and fairly new (only 2 days old). Just a request........please!!!