Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's In A Name?
brt4x4clep Wrote:I tried to have a different ID/name but for some reason my yahoo would not give me the activation email.

So I created a different one....don't really like my ID/name wish I could correct/change it....today!!!!!! LOL Maybe take the clep part off and add a differnt word.
Can I change your name? Since I am a 'newbie' and fairly new (only 2 days old). Just a request........please!!!

Hi brt4x4clep,

I have sent you a PM (Private Message). To view it, click the "Private Messages" link at the top right of this page.

Thanks,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:Hi brt4x4clep,

I have sent you a PM (Private Message). To view it, click the "Private Messages" link at the top right of this page.

Thanks,
Snazzlefrag
Thanks for the PM.............just sent you a reply.

InstantCert is the best!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad I found you guys (and gals)!! Smile
brt4x4clep Wrote:Thanks for the PM.............just sent you a reply.

InstantCert is the best!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad I found you guys (and gals)!! Smile

We're glad you're here too!

Since you don't like your name and there isn't one in your signature what would you like to be called? I'll try to remember and use it until you can get it changed.Smile

Librevore
Kate
BS Psychology
Librevore Wrote:My name is probably pretty obvious. I would "starve to death" without a steady diet of good books. I have even been known to buy a book before food so "bookeater" just seemed appropriate. Instead of being an omnivore I'm a librevore. Big Grin

Kate

Cool...with a Thirst for Knowledge, and Food for thought, you are so sated!

hilarious

Cheers!
Traditional Credits: 39 (12 used)
FEMA Credits: 9 (6 used)
NFA Credits: 2 (0 used)
DANTES Credits: 21 (18 used)
CLEP Credits: 18 (15 used)
FAA Credits: 39

EC BS in Psychology: 90/120 (38 unused)
Critical thinking and the pursuit thereof is the focus of many, many teacher's meetings at the school where I teach. It is our goal along with "authentic assessment". Both are excellent goals in my opinion, despite the fact that I grow amused and weary at times from of the constant usage of current education lingo.

I got to thinking, (critically, of course) and realized that I had basically been raised to think this way by my family of origns, and that because of it, I often was able to see to the bottom of many situations quickly, as well as view options.

I would venture that most of us taking this testing route are awesome critial thinkers!

In layperson's terms, critical thinking might just mean common sense too...hilarious
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]Mary

80 Traditional credits
45 testing

9 CLEPS
Freshmen Comp- 71
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit -72
Human Growth & Development -73
Ed Psych -67

CLEP Humanties- 7/11/06 -74
CLEP American Lit- 7/18/06 - 65
CLEP US History I I 7/18/06- 63
CLEP American Government 8/8-57
CLEP US History II 8/8 -68

2 DSSTs- 8/11
Here's to your Health 69
Fundamentals of Counseling 64

Indiana University School of Continuing Studies
B.G.S-Done!
125 credits 10/20/06 -
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Its all in my name. My daughter served 2 tours of service in Iraq. 1 yr. in Tekrit and 1 yr. in Baghdad. My son did 1 yr tour in Afghanistan. I'm a very proud mama.Wink
armymom451 Wrote:Its all in my name. My daughter served 2 tours of service in Iraq. 1 yr. in Tekrit and 1 yr. in Baghdad. My son did 1 yr tour in Afghanistan. I'm a very proud mama.Wink

Wow! It must have been very hard for you to have two children in a war zone.

Are they still there, or are they home safe again now?

You have my utmost respect, and they have my sincere appreciation.

For what it's worth,
Snazzelfrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
armymom451 Wrote:Its all in my name. My daughter served 2 tours of service in Iraq. 1 yr. in Tekrit and 1 yr. in Baghdad. My son did 1 yr tour in Afghanistan. I'm a very proud mama.Wink

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Yes, you do have a lot to be proud of!!! Tell your children THANK YOU for me!!

BTW: How soon to your first exam??[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

As my son would say, "Hooah!"

Appreciate your families dedication and courage Armymom. Thank you!
Librevore
Kate
BS Psychology
shadowcross Wrote:Cool...with a Thirst for Knowledge, and Food for thought, you are so sated!

hilarious

Cheers!

Yep, full to overflowing at the moment.hilarious

Your name looks interesting too. What's your "story?"

Librevore
Kate
BS Psychology