Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with the Petersons?!
I used to be able to get in but I just tried and none of the links work for me anymore. I tried firefox and IE
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Try this one:

Crown Point Community Library - Homework Help

Scroll down to where it says "Inspire Database" and then follow the usual directions. Never asked me for a library card.

Direct link is here: http://wfxsearch.webfeat.org/clients/wfx...?cid=12240

If that doesn't work, try the one above it. Petersons does some screwy things with their redirects. You may need to go through the first link.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
The link above did not work for me on Chrome or Firefox. It says "Your IP address is not recognized as being inside the state of Indiana. Please enter your username and password."

I searched on my local library's website and finally found a link to the Testing and Education Reference Center (it was under online classes). However, again a library card is required. I am using this link, but I searched around and did not find anything open.
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
Cheb - thanks for the link. I'm in Indiana, works fine.
Ugh, I was in Mexico and it worked fine there. I did get a few Emails over the last few days with people saying it gave them the IP error. I'll keep looking for some other links.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
im in texas and none of these links seem to be working for me anymoreSad
I was able to make an account with inspire and then use it to get into peterson's. I've made two accounts so far, and I'm still able to log-in. Its a little confusing finding the registration for inspire, but once you register, you have access to the exams, and now time limit (exams use to be available for only 90 days). BTW I'm in NC
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
can anyone update info on accesing peterson's? i can't access throu any of links posted above. created username in inspire but i can't see peterson's in inspire
my library does not seem to have access. i am in northern california.
lamar Wrote:can anyone update info on accesing peterson's? i can't access throu any of links posted above. created username in inspire but i can't see peterson's in inspire
my library does not seem to have access. i am in northern california.

These links change all the time, try running a search and see if anyone has a new one.
This question continues to be asked. Google is the best resource for you to use! The key is NOT to look up "Petersons" but to match the actual name of the database -- "Testing and Education Reference Center". I just did this for chuckles and came up with a list of 36 library systems (just within the first 6-7 pages) who offer access. Many of these are public library systems, some are through a university's library. Yes, you will need to have a library card in almost every case in order to gain final access. Check out the websites, though, because you may be able to get a "virtual" library card to use for a certain amount of time until you can gain an actual card at one of their locations. Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study site, Study.com or Petersons btinnc 0 876 03-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: btinnc
  Anyone have experience with the Western Civ Petersons exams? zapproximator 1 1,390 01-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: clep3705
  Petersons Test Scoring davemodular 0 645 06-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Last Post: davemodular
  Differences in Scoring Petersons Practice Tests and CLEP Tests kcre101 4 2,540 07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Last Post: lavender.pt
  If you pass all three Petersons practice tests....is it even necessary to study? lkm370 4 983 07-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  i need help accesssing petersons!!! freightop 4 1,405 01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Lyanne
  Petersons Test cdhill 0 643 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Last Post: cdhill
  Petersons Free Practice Tests SAL 16 2,139 11-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Petersons English Literature kimberose 0 782 09-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Last Post: kimberose
  Petersons Tests for DSST CJ and Intro to Law Enforcement pacifictmk 10 2,197 08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Last Post: NAP