Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do for "Snow Day?"
Hmm, so... I went out with the kids/wife to cleanup the sidewalk and driveway... 
We may go to the park where there's a little hill for them to snowboard and play.

For those that are snowed in... What are you all up to? I am thinking of watching a warm movie, The Grinch, haha!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2...17911cb2af
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
I live in Florida. What is this "snow" you speak of?
Working On:  WGU MS-ITM (start early 2020), GA Tech OMSC (start early 2021?)
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019)
Journey Thread:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity

[-] The following 3 users Like quigongene's post:
  • cookderosa, jsd, Sapientes
little cold here in North Carolina too - dipped into the 40's last night. Brrrr.
LOL, sorry, I spent 40 years of my life up to my eyeballs in snow every winter, not missing it one bit.
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
[-] The following 2 users Like cookderosa's post:
  • dewisant, quigongene
A couple of close friends have been prodding me to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Since work was canceled (I work for the school district which was snowed out), I'm ahead on my CC classes, and I'm snowed in so can't go to the gym, I have quite a bit of free time today. So I'm watching Fellowship of the Ring. 80 minutes down, 148 to go...
Link to all credits earned: Link
(02-12-2019, 02:22 PM)quigongene Wrote: I live in Florida.  What is this "snow" you speak of?

I think it is something like rain, but lighter. That's about the worst we get here on the California coast.

On a related note, in the most recent storm we actually got hail for a few seconds... that was a bit unusual.

When I lived in Virginia, we used to get snowed in every few years, but that is why we had a snow shovel and a big 4-wheel drive vehicle. Smile
In Progress: MBA (IT Management), Western Governors University (31/35cu | Sep 2019)
Up Next: Perhaps an MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • quigongene
the right answer, of course, is to rock out some college credit Wink
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
[-] The following 3 users Like cookderosa's post:
  • dewisant, hsfamfun, quigongene
I vote to break out hot cocoa and the board games!

And I too, am wondering what "snow" is, I live in San Diego and all we know is "sunny" and "cloudy now, but will probably be sunny later"!!!  Tongue
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • quigongene
Every day is a snow day in Minnesota.  The only question is "how much will we get today?" Today I had to dig out our mailbox because the snow plow buried it. Completely buried. No complaints. You get used to it.
-- Jenny --
daughter#1 75/120 cr TESU English
DE-Comp, Liberal Arts Math, Environ Science w/lab, Irish Lit, Comp Apps, Intro Music, Health&Fitness CLEP- A&I Lit,College Comp,Ed Psych, Marketing, American Lit, English Lit, TECEP-Critical Thinking Sophia-Managing Conflict,Teamwork  Onlinedegree -Psych The Institutes-Insurance Ethics Study.com-Presentation Skills in Workplace, World Religions
daughter#2 22/120 cr COSC 
DE-Comp Apps, Composition Sophia-Managing Conflict,Teamwork,Student Success CLEP-A&I Lit,US History 1,Marketing,Info Systems In-process- DE Environ Science w/lab, DE Discovering Majors, CSM Math
[-] The following 1 user Likes Murdockb's post:
  • studyandpass5
It was a chilly 80 degrees today Wink
Texas can go from being 70 degrees one day to being 25 degrees the next. When you live south of the panhandle and the DFW area, you only get snow days every decade or so. Austin received snow two or three times in the past five years, so that's unusual. What we normally have every year are ice days. We don't have snow tires or tire chains down here because we would rarely use them. So, when there's a little ice on the ground, everything shuts down.

Most of the jobs I've had have required 24-hour coverage. One job made us work from home if we had our work laptops with us. If I got a snow/ice day this year, I'd probably watch Netflix or make progress on a Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning course.
PhD (in progress)
Masters and Graduate Certificate
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P