Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do next...?
What do you truly enjoy doing? On the weekends, when your time is not directed towards something necessary, what are the pastimes you choose to do if the choice is left entirely up to you? Don't start the conversation with yourself by trying to figure out what to do to make more money. Rather, think about the things you truly love, then figure out how to make that time an investment.

My father-in-law used to tinker in his garage with woodworking, and he loved doing it with his grandkids. So when he retired, he took on daycare for family (we pay him what we would otherwise pay a daycare center) and he also does woodworking and resells. Most of the items he works on are curbside finds - pieces of furniture people have tossed away on garbage day - but he also rescues furniture from the Goodwill and other discount resale shops. He takes them home and fixes whatever is broken, refinishes them, and sells them. He gets the joy of working the wood, spends time with his grandson, and he makes a few bucks to compensate for his time to supplement retirement income.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
I would gladly retire today and never think twice about my former career. If you have enough money to live on during retirement, is a graduate degree worth the money? If the purpose is personal enrichment, why pay someone for information you can acquire on your own? In the end, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer on when to retire or what to do during your retirement. It is like asking, "what is your favorite color." Unless of course, you are standing before the Gorge of Eternal Peril.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits