Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALS Need 1 Upper Level Credit
I took TEEX Information Risk Management thinking it would fit the 1 credit hole that I have for the BALS.  They responded back today that it won't work for it.  Is there another fast 1 credit upper level course out there that would fit?  I'm at 116 credits on my academic evaluation, just need the capstone and 1 upper level credit.
Nope, easiest/fastest and cheapest would be a 3 credit course from TEEX, there are hardly any 1 or 2 credit courses that are upper level. You may want to copy/paste your UL courses you have credit for so we don't recommend something you've already taken. An option if you haven't completed it yet would be the TEEX Death Investigation course. There are a few options from Davar as well... it's just $70+proctor fee of $15.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The UL I got credited are:

TEEX - Death Investigation - 3 UL
Study.com - System Analysis & Design - 3 UL
ACFTL - 5 UL
From a RA school - Contemporary History - 3 UL

I'm thinking I might have to do one of the Olivet Nazarene courses since those are RA credits and then I don't have to worry about the March 1st deadline. Well...unless there is something that I can do in the next couple of days.
Since you don't need more than 1cr, Study.com is out I think - an ONU course would be cheaper for sure. An UL UExcel exam might work too.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
UExcel would be faster in that it's just one exam. But I would recommend Olivet because it'll be both cheaper and you don't have to hinge a lettered grade on just the one exam. Plus, unlike the UExcels or even ASU EA, Olivet allows you to revise assignments if you don't like the grade.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
So I'm currently enrolled in Christianity and Culture at ONU and it is tedious. I'm on module 2 out of 6 and not really enjoying the course...really I was hoping to do something that was less work. I finished most of my other credits super fast. I've been on this course for over a month with just one full module completed.

Is there really no one that offers a 1 UL RA credit course? I'm willing to spend more money especially if it's fast.

Don't really want to mess with UExcel's since most you're supposed to read 400+ page books before doing them.
For non graded options, the cheapest/easiest/fastest option would be from Davar Business: $99/2 courses and $15/exam, total $129 for 6 credits. I highly recommend taking MIS and Organizational Behavior, both should come in as UL in your AOS BALS with no concentration... if you want to go for a concentration, you're close to either a NSM or SS...

You didn't mention if you needed them graded or not and I'm not sure why I didn't mention TECEPs earlier, since you're going to TESU - just grab one of their UL TECEPS at $225 and you're done! Here's the list of TECEPS - LL/UL are differently priced at $50/$75 per credit - https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php - My suggestion: Abnormal Psychology

I think Davar is a no-go at this point. I need it RA credit. I only have 15 total RA credit (including the cornerstone). I missed the cut-off to add more ACE/NCCRS credits. I'm only missing 1 UL credit and the capstone and the BALS is done.

This shows as one of my 4:Electives: MAR-441 Mrktng Digital & Social Media do you think I can get that swapped to Upper Level and just fill the hole with something else for Electives?

I might go TECEP, if not. Would a Marketing TECEP fit? This one MAR-323-TE Advertising to be exact.
(04-08-2021, 07:03 PM)utility Wrote: I think Davar is a no-go at this point.  I need it RA credit.  I only have 15 total RA credit (including the cornerstone).  I missed the cut-off to add more ACE/NCCRS credits.  I'm only missing 1 UL credit and the capstone and the BALS is done.

This shows as one of my 4:Electives: MAR-441 Mrktng Digital & Social Media do you think I can get that swapped to Upper Level and just fill the hole with something else for Electives?

I might go TECEP, if not.  Would a Marketing TECEP fit?  This one MAR-323-TE Advertising to be exact.

A TECEP will work.  Just be advised that some are hard. Oh, and you can't use a Business course like Advertising as an UL BALS course.  Just like Digital Marketing doesn't work in the BALS area, it's a business course, so a Free Elective.

I'd look at TECEP's and UExcel exams if you really don't want to deal with the ONU course.  Or choose a different ONU course (they have 4 that will work, maybe you just chose the worst one?).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hey, nice try - but - TECEP Advertising would not do. However, you're on the right track... You can take the Managerial Communications OR the Marketing Communications course. Even though one is MAN for Management and the other is MAR for Marketing - they fit the Communications category which is a Humanities course within Liberal Arts. utility - Of the two courses presented to you, pick your poison!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,736 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 771 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  BS CIS Upper Level AOS jg_nuy 21 1,564 01-19-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,031 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Credit distribution Kones 6 514 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 430 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,881 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
  TESU ENS-360 Credit from Lawshelf Niketay 1 447 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,156 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 433 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM