Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When can I enroll for capstone and cornerstone?
I'm finishing a Sophia class and then I should be ready to start the capstone and cornerstone, assuming I pass my last SDC class. I got an email saying I could enroll for a May start but I'm wondering when the next enrollment period would be if I happen to miss that deadline.
TESU has classes starting every month. The May term's registration goes through April 23 (or April 30 for late registration), and the June term's registration runs from April 30 to May 21 (https://www.tesu.edu/academics/undergrad-calendar).

Have you applied and had all your transcripts sent in/evaluated? If you're just waiting on one SDC class, I would get everything in if you haven't already, and register for those two classes anyway. You don't need to be 100% done to register for the capstone, they just want you to have most of the degree (100+ credits) completed.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Deteloca
If you've never even registered for a TECEP before, you can find registration instructions for classes & TECEPs here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TE...structions
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Deteloca
I've been admitted and all of my RA credits have been evaluated. I just needed two more classes in addition to the cornerstone and capstone.

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize I only needed 100+ credits to start the capstone and cornerstone or that classes started monthly.

Thanks for this! Are the capstone and cornerstone TECEPS? The TECEPS are a little confusing.
No, the capstone and cornerstone are classes. TECEPs are tests, like the Study.com finals. I think rachel was just using them as an example of something you might've registered for.

I see in your other post that you're going for a BALS, so you need to register for SOS-110 (cornerstone) and LIB-495 (capstone). There are many posts on here about those two classes and how to approach them.

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
  • Deteloca
No, the capstone and cornerstone aren't TECEPs. But you register for classes and TECEPs in the same way. So if you know how to register for one then you know how to register for the other.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Deteloca
Anyone know the difference between online study course and guided study course? I don't see descriptions for either on the website.
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/guided-study-courses
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/online-courses

Basically, Online Study is a "traditional" online course. In addition to the required assignments, there's discussion forums where you need to post on a certain topic, and respond to classmate's posts. This emulates the classroom learning experience of discussion.

Guided Study is just you and the professor. There are no discussion forums, but I believe there's usually additional assignments to make up for their lack.

• Deteloca
(04-07-2021, 12:59 PM)Flelm Wrote: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/guided-study-courses
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/online-courses

Basically, Online Study is a "traditional" online course. In addition to the required assignments, there's discussion forums where you need to post on a certain topic, and respond to classmate's posts. This emulates the classroom learning experience of discussion.

Guided Study is just you and the professor. There are no discussion forums, but I believe there's usually additional assignments to make up for their lack.

Thank you! I clearly missed something. Guided study sounds better but I find discussion questions easy, so perhaps extra assignments aren't worth it. I'll have to think about this.

Thanks again!
Yes Deteloca, I agree that you should look into the OL and GS options carefully. Some like OL as the discussions most of the time are "easy" to get 100% on the grading thus allowing a higher score. GS option removes the discussions and therefore the assignments are "more". Again, it all depends on the learner, each student studies and accumulates information differently... I prefer OL for easy points, sometimes I may prefer GS as I love writing, it depends on the course as well...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,296 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 529 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,371 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,116 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  How to enroll after graduation? No INTERNSHIP!! mt_1994 9 727 10-19-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,178 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Two Capstones and Cornerstone in one term? TESU BUS-421, LIB-495, & SOS-110. CanICode 11 1,523 07-24-2023, 07:05 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 922 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 703 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 901 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore