Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did SL start looking more like SDC?
I am going back to SL to finish my remaining electives and noticed that a chunk of courses now have quizzes after every section like SDC does.  Was this a recent change?
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
Are they mandatory?
(01-23-2020, 02:41 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Are they mandatory?

From reading the grading criteria for these courses, yes.  I could be just now noticing these and they have been on these courses for some time, but I don’t remember ever seeing these requirements before, so I’m assuming SL is changing up their courses.

Courses that have this extra material:

- PE101: Personal Fitness & Wellness
- BUS105: Business Communication
- FIN101: Personal Finance
- CJ101: Introduction to Criminal Justice

And more.

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
Wow, that's an interesting change. What course provider are they using for those courses now? Is it still Mcgraw-Hill or have they changed to Acrobatiq? I recall Acrobatiq courses are exactly like that, I only took two that had the Acrobatiq - Survey of World History and IT Fundamentals (this was about 3 year ago).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • BrighterFuture88
CJ101: on the page they have a bunch of topic quizzes, however the syllabus is not updated or the other way around, because I took this course w/ those quizzes and I'm pretty sure the syllabus was correct at that time

(01-23-2020, 03:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: What course provider are they using for those courses now?  Is it still Mcgraw-Hill or have they changed to Acrobatiq?

For most courses it is McGraw-Hill. Some (IT) courses: Wiley, Zyante or Acrobatiq. It is displayed on the course page.

I forgot Rosetta Stone (languages) and Thinkwell (science).
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • BrighterFuture88
(01-23-2020, 03:48 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: CJ101: on the page they have a bunch of topic quizzes, however the syllabus is not updated or the other way around, because I took this course w/ those quizzes and I'm pretty sure the syllabus was correct at that time

(01-23-2020, 03:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: What course provider are they using for those courses now?  Is it still Mcgraw-Hill or have they changed to Acrobatiq?

For most courses it is McGraw-Hill. Some (IT) courses: Wiley, Zyante or Acrobatiq. It is displayed on the course page.

I forgot Rosetta Stone (languages) and Thinkwell (science).

Ahhh ok.  My apologies on that.  I just now noticed a bunch of them structured like that and it threw me for a loop, haha.

SL badly needed an update. When I studied there a couple of years ago, it was just like they wanted to simulate you sitting at a desk and reading your textbook. It was very old fashioned and slow.

Study.com is the gold standard to me. Every online learning platform ought to at least have an app
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 2 users Like jsh1138's post:
  • Muldoon, Zachcleigh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,314 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Straighterline postponed start date? Clepper43 4 907 07-16-2020, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Setting Sophia start date after July 31st? jacobvanhelden 2 1,006 05-06-2020, 10:19 AM
Last Post: jacobvanhelden
  ALEKS Intermediate Algebra passed (?) today; can son start College Algebra today? wandac 8 1,650 02-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore