Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you do schoolwork....and how much time do you spend?
I have an insane amount of respect for those who hold down traditional full-time jobs and school (and being a stay-at-home parent is also a full-time job!). I volunteer full-time, but the majority of my day is spent in the office and if I don't have any work to do I'm allowed to spend my time as I want. Since the organization that I volunteer for encourages those who are in school, I spend most of my free work time studying. It probably adds up to maybe 6+ hours a day plus evening time. I feel extremely lucky that I get to do that!
Gymfan15 Wrote:I have an insane amount of respect for those who hold down traditional full-time jobs and school (and being a stay-at-home parent is also a full-time job!). I volunteer full-time, but the majority of my day is spent in the office and if I don't have any work to do I'm allowed to spend my time as I want. Since the organization that I volunteer for encourages those who are in school, I spend most of my free work time studying. It probably adds up to maybe 6+ hours a day plus evening time. I feel extremely lucky that I get to do that!

You are very lucky! I'm usually REALLY hungry to advance at work and I recently had the opportunity to fight for a promotion, but for now I'm staying put and really appreciating the light workload on my plate so I can focus on school. It's an odd feeling and another unique opportunity to grow, and I have some downtime here and there where I'll sneak in some studying.
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
clep3705 Wrote:I would have liked to have spent more time with the family, but I think overall the family would have been worse off had I not made the sacrifices to improve my career options.

This, exactly.
So far I have scheduled a SL exam every weekend for awhile.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

That's awesome, I usually take an open book SL course and schedule it 3 days from that.
Even though some of the courses aren't complete, I don't really mind "doing" the final first.
I did that with a few, and it didn't turn out any worse as it was open book.
For closed book exams, I would wait a day or two longer just to "learn more".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I actually just did an exam before the course, it went fine. It made the course easier since I saw lots of exam questions. I don't have a whole lot of time, so I figure if I schedule 1 per week, I can squeeze the rest in.

Microeconomics is ridiculous. I took the final for it already, I still have to complete the courses.

It's about to the point that I want to take some vacation days and do schoolwork all day.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,934 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 6,885 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 373 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 477 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 692 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How elitist families and employers drive people to spend more sanantone 0 526 08-02-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  I am now taking two online college courses with the C-19 extra time at home. Life Long Learning 8 1,614 04-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
Question Taking two science courses @ the same time 2L8 8 3,880 05-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  Alternative for those with limited time thepoetvd776 15 2,899 03-19-2019, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Nice problem to have, right? $4,000+ to spend on my education, this year, & gut says Slobodon 7 2,144 02-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Slobodon