Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com courses transfer speed at TESU? And faster before CAPSTONE?
Transferring courses to TESU via ACE or other sources takes around 2-4 weeks. However, since Study.com and TESU have a partnership, have you found transfer of credits with Study.com to be faster?

Also, TESU can expedite transfer of courses before audits, for graduation application deadline. Do they do this for the Capstone registration window (which affects the graduation date)?
I'm not sure.

But September graduation has passed. To graduate in December you need to do June, July or August capstone. So if you finished everything now you shouldnt need to expedite it to graduate in December.
(06-17-2019, 08:16 PM)pws Wrote: Transferring courses to TESU via ACE or other sources takes around 2-4 weeks. However, since Study.com and TESU have a partnership, have you found transfer of credits with Study.com to be faster?

Also, TESU can expedite transfer of courses before audits, for graduation application deadline. Do they do this for the Capstone registration window (which affects the graduation date)?

I've transferred MANY courses to TESU, and it's never the fault of the transcript provider as to how long it takes for TESU to "receive" it - it's usually sent out that day or the next (on business days), and arrives there in a matter of days if not hours (if sent electronically).  Instead, it's TESU that takes forever to get it into their system, and then to do the eval.

For Study.com, where I completed my very last course that I needed to graduate, they got it out in a timely manner; TESU "couldn't find it" at one point and then miraculously found it when I persisted.  So, my advice is to take any courses you need early, get them done, and get those transcripts sent to TESU in PLENTY of time to do your eval/audit.  If you cut it too close, you may be out of luck and they'll push you to the next graduation cycle.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • pws
I was able to get TESU to expedite my transcript evaluations so I could get registered for the Capstone. Create a help desk ticket requesting an expedited academic evaluation then follow up your request will a phone call each day. It's a lot of effort, but it seems to be what's necessary if you want to something done at TESU.
TESU BSBA Accounting 2019 (In progress)
(06-18-2019, 06:58 AM)AMRH94 Wrote: I was able to get TESU to expedite my transcript evaluations so I could get registered for the Capstone. Create a help desk ticket requesting an expedited academic evaluation then follow up your request will a phone call each day. It's a lot of effort, but it seems to be what's necessary if you want to something done at TESU.

Thank you! I was looking for *exactly* this advice today. I've been trying to get somewhere with advising via email and keep getting the same dense non-response. I will try this approach.
---------------
Next Goal: TESU BA in Psychology & Computer Science

(06-18-2019, 06:58 AM)AMRH94 Wrote: I was able to get TESU to expedite my transcript evaluations so I could get registered for the Capstone. Create a help desk ticket requesting an expedited academic evaluation then follow up your request will a phone call each day. It's a lot of effort, but it seems to be what's necessary if you want to something done at TESU.

What was their reaction (annoyance, or it was just normal and fine to do)? How long did it take for your courses to be evaluated?
(06-19-2019, 10:55 AM)pws Wrote:

What was their reaction (annoyance, or it was just normal and fine to do)? How long did it take for your courses to be evaluated?
I was also able to get it expedited, to register for the April Capstone. They were actually quite helpful and kind. My courses were evaluated in a matter of 3-4 days after I sent a request.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Hey everyone. How did you get your request expedited? I am done with the BSBA GM/CIS, I will send them the transcript once my final grades come back from my Study.com assignments. Where do you create the help desk ticket, is it just an email to academic advising telling them you're done with the courses and to evaluate them? Is there a form or an online link you need to fill in for the help desk ticket, or do you call them?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(06-19-2019, 11:25 AM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hey everyone.  How did you get your request expedited?  I am done with the BSBA GM/CIS, I will send them the transcript once my final grades come back from my Study.com assignments.  Where do you create the help desk ticket, is it just an email to academic advising telling them you're done with the courses and to evaluate them?  Is there a form or an online link you need to fill in for the help desk ticket, or do you call them?
You cannot send them the transcripts; that won’t be accepted. Study.com has to send, and you have to place a request on study.com for your transcripts to be sent over, once your courses have been graded. It usually gets sent in 2-3 days. Once the transcript is sent, you will also be copied in that email, and a copy of your transcript will be attached. Then, you could contact TESU academic advising, and request them to expedite the evaluation. No forms etc. Just send an email to your advisor, and may be follow up with a call.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Basically, if you don't have a concrete reason, like they've already done your initial degree audit and you were short credits, or needing register for a course like above, then they probably won't expedite processing the transcript.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,486 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 595 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 495 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 518 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 335 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 272 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,320 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 546 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 398 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM