Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to Withdraw?
I enrolled in the 12/01 1cr TECEP to extend my catalog. When can I safely withdraw from this?
Never... let it run it's course... nothing gets added or removed to your transcripts...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-24-2020, 03:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Never... let it run it's course... nothing gets added or removed to your transcripts...

Sounds good. So I just ignore it ? I assume that I won't be able to do the same exact thing next year with the same course....or will I?
Yes, You can use the same TECEP a number of times. It's the cheapest option to re-enrol and lock into the catalog year.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Can you pay for it again even if it's already on your transcript or do I actually have to pay for a different TECEP if I need more time in a few months?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
So do we know for sure that medical terminology qualifies to MAINTAIN enrolment?
I know many of us originally enroll with the 1 credit TECEP, but it does say right on your evaluation that "you must enroll in at least three credits in every 12 month period to maintain enrolled student status."

...if I had any perks that would get taken away if this didn't maintain enrolment, personally I wouldn't chance it. And a TECEP like English has a lot of value if it saves you from having to write many essays (though that practice is also useful). If I was pretty sure I was going to stick with TESU I'd just go ahead and take SOS-110, I wish I'd taken it earlier while I was still working on ACE courses.
(11-24-2020, 03:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, You can use the same TECEP a number of times.  It's the cheapest option to re-enrol and lock into the catalog year.

(11-24-2020, 05:09 PM)ARhead Wrote: So do we know for sure that medical terminology qualifies to MAINTAIN enrolment?
I know many of us originally enroll with the 1 credit TECEP, but it does say right on your evaluation that "you must enroll in at least three credits in every 12 month period to maintain enrolled student status."

...if I had any perks that would get taken away if this didn't maintain enrolment, personally I wouldn't chance it. And a TECEP like English has a lot of value if it saves you from having to write many essays (though that practice is also useful). If I was pretty sure I was going to stick with TESU I'd just go ahead and take SOS-110, I wish I'd taken it earlier while I was still working on ACE courses.

My catalog does not require the SOS-110.

Edit: I suppose it might in the future, if the 1cr doesn't extend it. lol
(11-24-2020, 03:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Never... let it run it's course... nothing gets added or removed to your transcripts...

Not true - all of the TECEP's I took (or didn't) are on my transcript.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-24-2020, 09:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Did you ever withdraw from it or did you just enroll in it and do nothing?
(11-24-2020, 09:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I concur, your TECEP attempts will appear on your transcript just like any other course you register for at a college.

If you don't attempt the TECEP and just let the term run out, I believe it will show as NC (no credit) or incomplete. If you withdraw, it will show as W (withdrawn). Depending on when you withdraw, you may be able to get back a portion of your registration fees as well.

While ultimately it may not matter since it doesn't factor into your GPA, I think a W looks much better on a transcript than an NC or incomplete for anyone looking at the transcript later. So it may be worthwhile to withdraw for that reason alone.

Personally, I only registered for one TECEP at TESU (medical terminology), and I withdrew two weeks after the start of the term. That was enough time to become officially enrolled so I could submit the bulk of my transcripts and register for the capstone course. I never had any intention of actually taking the TECEP for credit.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to withdraw courses under new system? jch 1 585 01-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: KsT
  Strategy Eval: Load up flat fee, then withdraw for no additional cost. StudentOLife 20 2,190 12-04-2022, 10:49 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife