Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to Withdraw?
I think we went through this on another thread. It's odd it shows up on Dfrecore's transcript, but it shouldn't.

"TECEP grades are recorded as CR (Credit) or NC (No Credit) and do not affect the grade point average (GPA). Students who register but don't test or withdraw by the last day of the term will receive an NT (Not Taken) grade. An official transcript will not show a numeric score, a letter grade, an NC or NT grade, only exams successfully completed and the number of credits earned."

https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/e...cep-credit
TLDR: In brief, my short answer is both correct and incorrect, it all depends on the catalog year and your personal preference. Pick your poison, take it and pass/fail, or leave it - you're enrolled and the official transcript is either update or not, depending on catalog year.

In my catalog year 2015-2016 (and onward), TECEP will not show up. If you're on the same catalog year as dfrecore (2014-2015) or earlier, it will. Yes, just by one year difference, that change was made - guess why? That's the year TESU upgraded to University Status, even 'simple' changes needed to be made. Now, the lengthy version... check your catalog, for 2020/2021, it's page 190.

For those reading and enrolling by signing up for the TECEP but not taking the TECEP, consider the following:
1) Your catalog year, if you're on 2014-2015 & earlier OR if you're on the 2015-2016 & later.
2) Depending on your calendar year, it will show up differently, if you're OK with an NC/W in the earlier catalogs, just do it...
If you're not OK with it, then don't take the TECEP, take the capstone course that you need and graduate quickly
And if you're on a later catalog year 2015-2016 & after, don't worry about it, it will not show up - sign up and leave it

Merlin described it pretty much the way I would for the majority of schools, including alternative credit friendly schools, and TESU. This was the case for previous catalogs, I did not take into account that OP may have been on an earlier catalog. Having said that, I think OP is on my catalog or later such as 2017 or 2018, as the 2019a and later requires the SOS-110. Anyways, if OP is on the same catalog as I or later, you can skip the test and settle for NT (not taken) and that won't show up on the official transcript.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • elenlushk
(11-25-2020, 01:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TLDR: In brief, my short answer is both correct and incorrect, it all depends on the catalog year and your personal preference.  Pick your poison, take it and pass/fail, or leave it - you're enrolled and the official transcript is either update or not, depending on catalog year.

In my catalog year 2015-2016 (and onward), TECEP will not show up.  If you're on the same catalog year as dfrecore (2014-2015) or earlier, it will.  Yes, just by one year difference, that change was made - guess why? That's the year TESU upgraded to University Status, even 'simple' changes needed to be made.  Now, the lengthy version... check your catalog, for 2020/2021, it's page 190.

For those reading and enrolling by signing up for the TECEP but not taking the TECEP, consider the following:
1) Your catalog year, if you're on 2014-2015 & earlier OR if you're on the 2015-2016 & later.
2) Depending on your calendar year, it will show up differently, if you're OK with an NC/W in the earlier catalogs, just do it...
If you're not OK with it, then don't take the TECEP, take the capstone course that you need and graduate quickly
And if you're on a later catalog year 2015-2016 & after, don't worry about it, it will not show up - sign up and leave it

Merlin described it pretty much the way I would for the majority of schools, including alternative credit friendly schools, and TESU.  This was the case for previous catalogs, I did not take into account that OP may have been on an earlier catalog. Having said that, I think OP is on my catalog or later such as 2017 or 2018, as the 2019a and later requires the SOS-110.  Anyways, if OP is on the same catalog as I or later, you can skip the test and settle for NT (not taken) and that won't show up on the official transcript.

I can't say that I care if it shows W or NT or whatever. I My catalog year would be the 2019-2020. I think that's what it was anyway, I took my first TECEP in December 2019. It was the alst year before they mandated the Cornerstone. My previous bachelor's degree waived the cornerstone. The next catalog, I believe they stopped doing that.
(11-25-2020, 11:03 AM)ARhead Wrote: I think we went through this on another thread. It's odd it shows up on Dfrecore's transcript, but it shouldn't.

"TECEP grades are recorded as CR (Credit) or NC (No Credit) and do not affect the grade point average (GPA). Students who register but don't test or withdraw by the last day of the term will receive an NT (Not Taken) grade. An official transcript will not show a numeric score, a letter grade, an NC or NT grade, only exams successfully completed and the number of credits earned."

https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/e...cep-credit

My TECEP shows on my official transcript as well, so Dfrecore is not alone. It is listed as a W (withdrawn) and not NC (no credit) or NT (not taken aka incomplete)

(11-25-2020, 01:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TLDR: In brief, my short answer is both correct and incorrect, it all depends on the catalog year and your personal preference.  Pick your poison, take it and pass/fail, or leave it - you're enrolled and the official transcript is either update or not, depending on catalog year.

In my catalog year 2015-2016 (and onward), TECEP will not show up.  If you're on the same catalog year as dfrecore (2014-2015) or earlier, it will.  Yes, just by one year difference, that change was made - guess why? That's the year TESU upgraded to University Status, even 'simple' changes needed to be made.  Now, the lengthy version... check your catalog, for 2020/2021, it's page 190.

That is a reasonable assumption, but I was enrolled as part of the 2018 catalog year (technically I was 2018 for my BSBA and 2019 for my ASNSM) and my TECEP still appears on my official transcript. Or at least, it appears on the official transcript that I was sent along with my diploma. I haven't ordered an additional transcript since then to confirm.

In any case, if this doesn't appear on the official transcript as claimed, then it won't matter. However, IMO it doesn't really matter either way since a W or (NC/NT) from a 1cr course (assuming Medical Terminology TECEP) that isn't even part of your core degree program will just be ignored by anyone evaluating the degree in the future. If they don't ignore it, then it is super simple to explain away.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Not sure about extending the catalog, but I can confirm that enrolling in the 1 CR TECEP has extended my student ID a year, enabling continued student discounts if that is of interest to anyone else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to withdraw courses under new system? jch 1 585 01-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: KsT
  Strategy Eval: Load up flat fee, then withdraw for no additional cost. StudentOLife 20 2,190 12-04-2022, 10:49 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife