Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can i earn cheap/free credits for tesu's general education requirements
Hello All, I am new to this site and this whole thing about acquiring credits from different sources in order to transfer them to a University of my choice. I would really like to know where i can find the cheapest/free sources of credits to fulfill the General Education requirements for an undergraduate course in TESU(my choices for now are Technical Studies or Electrical Technology degrees). And just to add, i have an evaluation from TESU and i currently have 48 SH credits from my foreign college.
I would recommend checking out the Wiki as it has a list and the links to all the free courses. Without knowing what your 48 credits are in its hard to direct you to specific sources. Typically you would start with the free courses -
NFA
Ethics
TEEX

The next cheapest would probably be Aleks. It is $20 a month and you can take all their math courses, unproctored, as many as you can fit in.

The next cheapest would probably be Saylor as the course material is free and the exam is only $25.

Then there are your subscriptions like shmoop where you pay a flat amount per month and can test through as many courses as you want.

Subscriptions from Study.com and Straighterline are a flat monthly amount (except with SL you also pay a per course fee) and that includes your books/exams. The more courses you can complete in a month the cheaper it usually is.

Beyond that, there are many other ways to obtain credits (CLEP, DSST, other providers like Sophia, Ed4Credit, etc). Maybe as a start, post your credits and someone on here can direct you to particular courses.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
rlw74 Wrote:The next cheapest would probably be Aleks. It is $20 a month and you can take all their math courses, unproctored, as many as you can fit in.

ALEKS' ACE-recommendation is currently expired, so you don't want to use them for your math credits unless they get re-evaluated.

Sorry, I just saw that these are available until 6/30. If you want/need Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trig/Precalc, or Statistics, you'd better get these credits now while they're available!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Driel Wrote:And just to add, i have an evaluation from TESU and i currently have 48 SH credits from my foreign college.

It's very hard to say if you can get the credits needed for Technical Studies or Electrical Technology inexpensively. Most people that get those degrees come in with the core/Area of Study courses already completed (like from the military), so they only need their Gen Ed's. If you don't already have those credits, then they are hard to find, and very expensive if you can find them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you Emperor for your reply. I just want to confirm if Alek's ACE-recommended/recommendation credits are still valid even after they expire by the end of June 2017? I just want to know before i start any of the Maths/Statistic cousres.
Driel Wrote:Thank you Emperor for your reply. I just want to confirm if Alek's ACE-recommended/recommendation credits are still valid even after they expire by the end of June 2017? I just want to know before i start any of the Maths/Statistic cousres.

They'll be valid if you complete the course prior to its expiration with ACE
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
And just to ask, are there any specific websites where i can find info about the expiration with ACE?
Technical Studies or Electrical Technology are just alternative courses if i could afford them. I'm looking into switching fields and may look into a Management/Business degree now. Also, cost wise, are there any regionally accredited schools that doesn't require the Residency waiver fee like TESU?
Driel Wrote:And just to ask, are there any specific websites where i can find info about the expiration with ACE?

https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...chCriteria
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
It's sad that out of all the types of courses available nowadays, there are only a couple of free sources.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,501 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 228 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  UK vs US, Education Compared bjcheung77 1 200 03-18-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,936 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,930 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 425 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 682 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 294 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 1,994 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas