Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is your favorite Caribbean Beach?
I wish I had enough experience to be able to give you an answer!!! All I can say is that La Republica Dominicana is OMG gorgeous.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

If you are looking for something all inclusive then you might want to take a look at Sandals. They have resorts all over the Caribbean, and if you're looking for a place that will take care of everything they are great, but they are expensive. I've heard their resorts on St. Lucia and Jamaica are especially nice.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
Congrats on a 30th anniversary! Cruises sound great but unfortunately I get motion sickness. The last time I went whale watching on a boat with my daughter I got sooo nauseous:ack: my poor little kid was trying to console me...pretty sad. Also I heard they play movies on cruises, I'm pretty sure the movie Titanic would be considered a horror flick. I haven't taken a real vacation in a long time. However, I've been to Oahu, Maui, The Big Island, Cheju Island, and Cancun. If you go to Cancun just remember to watch your belongings because nothing gets stolen in Cancun it just changes ownership. I actually stole that line from the tour guide lol.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
Thank You for the Congrats. My first wedding was as a stupid(but thought I knew it all) just 18 year old. That lasted only 3.5 years. When I got married again it was 12 years later and I made sure I did it right this time.

I look at these adds for cruises and they seem so cheap now they are desperate to get people back after all the bad press lately. I am afraid I will get seasick too. I have been OK on small boats where I can keep my eyes on the horizon, but the last bigger boat I was on the Cape May Ferry made me very sick. I think I will stick to land.

We still haven't made a decision I am waiting for my husband to look at what I have gathered. I don't think we could afford one of those Sandals resorts they do seem on the expensive side. I also think of them as for those young skinny good looking couples. We are an older plum couple, I would feel very out of place. When I look at pictures of some of these places I try to find non professional ones so I can see if there are any other people like us at these places.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
As a birthday present a few years ago, my husband and I traveled to Montego Bay, Jamaica. It was absolutely gorgeous. We flew because he refuses to get on a cruise ship. While we were eating dinner one night, we saw a majestic cruise ship out on the water. It was a beautiful sight.

BTW, Sandals is overrated. We drove by the Sandals resort and I am so glad we did not stay there. They did not have a private beach, it was literally right by a landing strip and there was only about 20 rooms ( I counted the doors as it was outside access).

Congrats to you and your husband!

Lindagerr Wrote:Thank You for the Congrats. My first wedding was as a stupid(but thought I knew it all) just 18 year old. That lasted only 3.5 years. When I got married again it was 12 years later and I made sure I did it right this time.

I look at these adds for cruises and they seem so cheap now they are desperate to get people back after all the bad press lately. I am afraid I will get seasick too. I have been OK on small boats where I can keep my eyes on the horizon, but the last bigger boat I was on the Cape May Ferry made me very sick. I think I will stick to land.

We still haven't made a decision I am waiting for my husband to look at what I have gathered. I don't think we could afford one of those Sandals resorts they do seem on the expensive side. I also think of them as for those young skinny good looking couples. We are an older plum couple, I would feel very out of place. When I look at pictures of some of these places I try to find non professional ones so I can see if there are any other people like us at these places.
Use promo code STUDENTAMB395 on your next straighterline course! #SLambassador

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.”

― Benjamin Disraeli
I prefer the cancun area.
And the link that publius posted for top 10, the LeBlanc is part of the palace resorts. I have stayed in the moon palace, beach palace, and further south in playacar palace.
If you want to be in the action of cozumel, then cozumel palace works too.. The thing I like about the palace all-inclusive is that if you choose to stay in either location, its a short ferry ride across.
The kickers is, lets say you chose cancun side, but wanted to see cozumel, the ferry is not far, and then lets say you get worn out shopping or something, your all-inclusive allows you access to the palace resort there.

You can't stay the night, but you can rest in the lounge areas, and those properties will help you just like your base, i think it's a bit extra for full food and drink at all the palace resorts but its worth it.
The reason I like cancun side is that I prefer to stay slightly south of there in playa del carmen, in the playcar palace. If you do, its a short trip up to cancun, where would fly in and out of, but the real treat is that a tulum mayan ruins are not far, and a great day of Xel Ha is also not far away. Playacar palace is much quieter and wont have nearly the kids running aroud like many of the other all-inclusive places.

PM me if you want more details.
DSST- General Anthropology - 52, Intro to Computer - 469, Technical Writing - 54, DSST Ethics in America - 59 (1996),
CLEP- Sociology -54, College Math - 550(1996), CLEP Principles of Management - 60 (1996)
Aleks Beg Alg,
Even before I went on the two cruises I took, I knew I wouldn't care for them. It's kind of like forced fun IMHO. While I'd love to get to see the Western Caribbean, I've enjoyed the beaches on St. Thomas and St. John in the USVI. Have you thought of going do Sanibelle (spelling) Island in Florida. It can be very pleasant. Have you tried the Fodor's web site? Or TripAdvisor? When I look for info, I usually see what the worst reviews are. Some are stupid and inane, but I find that I feel I learn more from the good negative ones that the frilly positive ones.

By the way, congratulations on your anniversary. May all of your journeys together be joyous ones.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
LaterBloomer Wrote:Have you thought of going do Sanibelle (spelling) Island in Florida. It can be very pleasant.

Lindagerr,

Personally, I haven't been to any Caribbean location. I am not a "beach" guy myself, so beach vacations are not the first thing I think of when I burn up my precious vacation time. I would prefer snowboarding in Vermont or New Hampshire. But, who am I kidding? In the snowboarding game, I am a very old man and beaches are now my pace.

That being said, I love Sanibel Island, Florida! If you don't have your heart set on the "Caribbean", I would recommend looking into it.

I recently stayed at this place Sanibel Island Resort | Sanibel Island Condos | Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel. My girlfriend and I rented the smallest condo there for a few days this past October. The price was completely reasonable, the beach very nice and was not crowded. (Technically, it was not yet "Season," so less crowding and lower prices) I could recommend this confidently as a simple nice place to go.

My girlfriend, a CT relocated local from Ft. Myers/ Sanibel said if you are doing this for an anniversary, you should really consider this place Sanibel Island Hotels | Sanibel Captiva Island Resorts | Casa Ybel Resort which she said is nicer than where we stayed in October.

If you do decide to go there, make sure you have breakfast at this place The Island Cow, Sanibel Island Restaurants

Just some information for you to consider.

Congrats and good luck.
Paul
TESTS PASSED

Intro to Law Enforcement (70) DSST, Criminal Justice (461) DSST, US History 1 (71) CLEP, US History 2 (66) CLEP, Civil War & Reconstruction (67) DSST
Business Ethics & Society (447) DSST, Principles of Management (65) CLEP, Principles of Supervision (450) DSST, Organizational Behavior (60) DSST
Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (56) DSST, Intro to World Religions (469) DSST, Management Info Systems (448) DSST, Prin of MACROeconomics (63)
Prin of MICROeconomics (64) CLEP, Labor Relations (A) ECE, HR Management (B) ECE, Principles of Financial Accounting(65) DSST, Prin of Finance (408) Money and Banking (52) DSST
Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is a toughy. I love Orient Beach in St. Maarten (not the naked part lol). I love Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. Those are my favorites so far! I enjoyed Maho Beach in St. Maarten but just to watch the plains come in low and to watch the idiots who do the jet blast.

I love Sanibel/Captiva as well. I don't stay until dusk though because the no seeums come out and it's all over for me!
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
Here's a list of all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean.

http://www.islands.com/gallery/editors-p...an-resorts
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your favorite sport? HorseManiac 19 2,649 07-27-2015, 05:10 AM
Last Post: dewisant
  Favorite Classic Literature? swf 10 1,639 09-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Last Post: ZsaZsa
  Favorite Book Overall! nick94 71 8,743 09-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Last Post: MomOfMany
  What's your favorite type of dessert? CollegeStudent7 40 5,175 05-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Last Post: jmichelle79
  Your Favorite Test burbuja0512 15 2,795 11-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Last Post: TMW2010
  Aloha - Waikiki Beach!! ShotoJuku 15 2,574 03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Favorite Authors Librevore 19 4,209 07-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Danielp248