Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where may i get RA credits?
I know ASU is offering a pretty cheap and good RA credits/courses up to august 17; but i will spend all my time with Sophia courses so i think i will not being able to do any ASU course this time.

I the other hand i need 9 RA credits to avoid the TOEFL (as international student), so it is good for me to start considering the RA credits options.

But i actually don't know about any RA provider...
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
Here's an example community college, for out of state and international students, it maybe one of the cheapest options for RA credits, each credit is $70, check out NMJC, they've been recommended here many times before - https://www.nmjc.edu/admission/paying_fo...index.aspx
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cecilgambe7
I'm not stalking bjcheung77, but it might appear so. NMJC does have low tuition. Luna Community College, also in New Mexico, has lower out-of-state tuition ($38.00 per credit).

One concern is that they are on probation, so, while they are accredited now, they may not be in the future. (If you go to their website, http://www.lcc.edu, you can read all about it. Part of being on probation is having that information readily available to the public.

A second concern, and this is more important, as a foreign student, I don't know what issues you'd encounter enrolling there. Should you decide to take Freshman English, look for on-line classes by Sherry Goodyear. She's an excellent on-line instructor.
(06-21-2020, 12:04 PM)LongRoad Wrote: I'm not stalking bjcheung77, but it might appear so. NMJC does have low tuition. Luna Community College, also in New Mexico, has lower out-of-state tuition ($38.00 per credit).

One concern is that they are on probation, so, while they are accredited now, they may not be in the future. (If you go to their website, http://www.lcc.edu, you can read all about it. Part of being on probation is having that information readily available to the public.

A second concern, and this is more important, as a foreign student, I don't know what issues you'd encounter enrolling there. Should you decide to take Freshman English, look for on-line classes by Sherry Goodyear. She's an excellent on-line instructor.

Of course i prefer to expend 38 usd per credit instead 70 usd. Bjcheng77 is also international student, maybe the reason why he talk me about NMJC is because it accepts international student without any pre-requisite.

I don't know maybe my best movement is to enroll in 3 ASU courses in august while i keep working with Sophia courses... I really wanted to avoid courses "crowding" but Sophia and ASU offer are something once in a lifetime...
If it helps, I am currently taking 4 ASU courses right now + going through Sophia & Coursera. My current plan is to focus one day per week on each ASU course. Sometimes, it takes me a bit less than a day to complete all of the requirements. Sometimes, it takes me a bit longer. The remaining 3 days of the week, I dedicate to Sophia and Coursera. It is very busy and I wouldn't recommend it normally but it's technically doable.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • cecilgambe7, Clepper43
(06-22-2020, 02:35 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If it helps, I am currently taking 4 ASU courses right now + going through Sophia & Coursera. My current plan is to focus one day per week on each ASU course. Sometimes, it takes me a bit less than a day to complete all of the requirements. Sometimes, it takes me a bit longer. The remaining 3 days of the week, I dedicate to Sophia and Coursera. It is very busy and I wouldn't recommend it normally but it's technically doable.

Thank you for your feedback, i think i can enroll in ASU courses later so i can "buy some time", did the ASU exams uses proctored system? you know if they have some issues for international students??
The final exams for ASU are proctored via RPNow. So they shouldn't present any more of an issue than Study.com's courses would.

Self-paced pre-calculus has a practice proctor exam so you can make sure that your current setup will allow you to take the final. That'd probably be the easiest/fastest way to ensure that your specific setup will work.

Also, I'm not currently in the US and I've only had a few issues with ASU related to the VPN that I use. Every so often, my VPN won't let me go through the login process. Everything else works fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(06-21-2020, 12:04 PM)LongRoad Wrote: I'm not stalking bjcheung77, but it might appear so. NMJC does have low tuition. Luna Community College, also in New Mexico, has lower out-of-state tuition ($38.00 per credit).

https://luna.edu/

The other you posted is in Michigan lol.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
I can recommend Clovis CC in NM - https://www.clovis.edu
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • a4tunatemom, cecilgambe7
Is there an NMJC/Luna "cheap online RA credits" situation in a state that doesn't restrict enrollment to just a few states, like they do? My arm is sore from trying to find this unicorn. Help!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 100 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,873 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 404 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 540 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,916 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,348 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 3,885 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Old ACE credits to Credly defscarlett 4 641 07-27-2023, 07:25 PM