Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to get competency based masters in data analytics with bachelors in business?
Hi,

I just completed my bachelor's degree in business management at WGU. Unfortunately, my term doesn't end until September 30th. Because of Department of Education requirements, WGU cannot let you start another program with them until your term is up. 

What other cheap competency based schools are out there for a masters in data analytics or emergency management? Right now I think my best bet is Northern Arizona University. I've also checked Walden, Brandman, Capella, and Purdue based off of other threads I've read, but they don't offer a competency based option for data analytics. Are there any other places I've missed?

Thanks
Did you use Federal Student Loan Aid? If you did and plan too again, you need to wait until the term is complete otherwise you won't qualify (this is across all schools).
I did, but I won't use financial aid for my master's.
why don't you just wait
in the mean time you could try to take some exams to transfer in credit
https://partners.wgu.edu/TransferGuideli...lytics.pdf

or at least spend time studying for them so once you start in September you can knock out the exams in a couple of days
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • ktech
(04-29-2020, 06:56 PM)ktech Wrote: Hi,

I just completed my bachelor's degree in business management at WGU. Unfortunately, my term doesn't end until September 30th. Because of Department of Education requirements, WGU cannot let you start another program with them until your term is up. 

What other cheap competency based schools are out there for a masters in data analytics or emergency management? Right now I think my best bet is Northern Arizona University. I've also checked Walden, Brandman, Capella, and Purdue based off of other threads I've read, but they don't offer a competency based option for data analytics. Are there any other places I've missed?

Thanks

Northern Arizona University - their master's degree is in Computer Information Technology with an emphasis in Data Analytics. From what I can tell its not a straight Data Analytics program, compared to WGU's program.

Suggestion. Take data analytics courses on edx.org and coursera.org and start WGU's Data Analytics masters program on Oct. 1, finish by Dec. 30 because you will have all the experience from edx and coursera courses.

Question. Why the rush to complete the data analytics program, have you thought about a traditional 1 year program, starting in September and finishing by May 2021?
APU/AMU has a competency-based BA in Emergency & Disaster Management, but their Momentum program isn't for Master's degrees.

TESU also has a BS in Data Analytics, using Statistics.com courses entirely (no capstone), not sure what you pay to TESU. They have a MS as well, and I think that's also done through Statistics.com, although I'm not entirely sure. They are not competency-based per se, but you can go faster than normal I think - based on the scheduling of the courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-30-2020, 12:39 AM)bluebooger Wrote: why don't you just wait
in the mean time you could try to take some exams to transfer in credit
https://partners.wgu.edu/TransferGuideli...lytics.pdf

or at least spend time studying for them so once you start in September you can knock out the exams in a couple of days

EXACTLY THIS. I would highly recommend staying at WGU as it would be your best bet to finishing the cheapest/easiest/fastest. Waiting for summer session isn't a deal breaker as you can "learn" what is required before hand then blast through it when you're actually going to WGU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I was wanting to go into a program faster because I have a ton of time to study right now, & I'm moving cross country in 6 months and I'd like to finish my graduate degree before then to assist in the job hunt.

Edit: After the last few days looking around and thinking about it, I think I'm going to go with NAU but go for the MCIT in Information Security and Awareness. The courses sound way more interesting. Thanks all!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Data Analytics Programs ss20ts 12 454 Yesterday, 10:11 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 710 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  Ms data science for 15k Imbanewbie 15 1,617 04-16-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 462 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 193 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 655 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 368 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,231 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,120 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,824 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77