Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to get credit for Survey of Literature II at TESU?
Study.com offers a course called "English 102: American Literature", which I believe transfers to TESU as "LIT-205 : American Literature I" and should count towards the "Survey of Literature I" requirement. Are there any sources for the other "Survey of Literature II" requirement?
The CLEP is 6cr and covers Am Lit I & II. Or English Lit if you would prefer that way.

Your other option is Coopersmith, which has Am Lit I & II separately, for $150 each.

If I was getting an English Degree, I would head to my nearest CLEP testing center and take one (or both) of the Lit exams, plus the A&I Lit exam. Each is worth 6cr, so you get a lot of bang for your buck there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Do I understand you right to mean that I could take the "American Literature" CLEP and it is 6 credits if I pass, then also take "English Literature" and it is worth another 6 credits? That is 1/3 the program requirements there! Do you know, if I took both English 101: English Literature and English 102: American Literature from Study.com if that fulfills 6 separate credits towards the "Survey of Literature I and II" requirement? I'd much rather take Study.com courses than just tests, as I really like the quality of Study.com.
No, it has to be part one and two of the same series, so either English or American.

And the problem with focusing on the CLEPs alone is that you need 5 UL courses. The CLEP is not UL at all. Those come from Shmoop or other sources.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(12-31-2017, 09:55 PM)Pelican Wrote: Do I understand you right to mean that I could take the "American Literature" CLEP and it is 6 credits if I pass, then also take "English Literature" and it is worth another 6 credits? That is 1/3 the program requirements there! Do you know, if I took both English 101: English Literature and English 102: American Literature from Study.com if that fulfills 6 separate credits towards the "Survey of Literature I and II" requirement? I'd much rather take Study.com courses than just tests, as I really like the quality of Study.com.

It has to be I & II of either American Lit or English Lit.

And yes, those particular CLEP's are all worth 6cr each.  And you can use all of them in the AOS.  Either Am or Engl Lit can be used in the AOS as the survey course, and A&I Lit is also a requirement (although only 3cr, so the Study.com course would work as well).  And yes, if you took them all, you'd be 50% done with the AOS.

But, you still need to take 5 UL courses (15cr).  You need a Non-Western Lit course; the BYU Chinese Poetry course is an UL course, leaving 12cr - and you can take 4 UL courses through Shmoop if you want.  The capstone is another 3cr, putting you at your 18cr UL.

So with 18cr of UL, that leaves 15cr of LL.  Which means if you took the 3 CLEP exams, 3cr would get shifted to Gen Ed.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
the Clep website has American Lit down for 3 credits: https://clep.collegeboard.org/compositio...literature

maybe TESU counts it for 6, i dont know about that. but if you're planning on doing English Lit and American Lit for 6 each you might want to check with your school first
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

American is 6 through 2022. A&I is 6 through 2021. English is 6 through 2018. https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...rogram.cfm
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,982 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,646 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,348 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore