Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to put Intro to Bus in Degree Plan?
Okay, it happened again...I read *somewhere* here that Sophia's Introduction to Business in NOT a General Education Elective.  I look up after a few hours of researching, taking notes, and I've got like 15-20 tabs open but NOT the one that I want to reference again.  Ah well...in the meantime...did I read that right?  If I cannot use it as a Gen Ed elective is there any chance Intro to Business can go into the AOS???  I can't use Intro to Business as a free elective (that's full).  Thank you for patiently answering my questions, I am very grateful!
Intro to Business is a free elective only at TESU.

But it is good to take even if you don't need it for a business degree just to gain knowledge of introductory concepts if you don't have any business experience or knowledge.
The only way to "use" Intro to Business if your electives are full would be to (also) pursue a business degree. That's not going to be for everyone, obviously.

For what it's worth, I have a bunch of unused credits sitting at the bottom of my degrees. And I'm probably going to wind up with even more (even though I'm trying not to).
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-03-2021, 10:11 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The only way to "use" Intro to Business if your electives are full would be to (also) pursue a business degree. That's not going to be for everyone, obviously.

For what it's worth, I have a bunch of unused credits sitting at the bottom of my degrees. And I'm probably going to wind up with even more (even though I'm trying not to).

So, no go as a General Elective, then, too bad.  Yes, I already have the free electives filled.  I am sorry I did not specify the degree plan I am working on is the (TESU) BSBA - Marketing.  So...could Intro to Business be used for that particular degree?  And, if yes, where would it fit into that plan?  I've put the brakes on the courses until I can figure The Plan-thing out...I am such a frugal person I guess it never occurred to me that I would take unnecessary courses.  Thanks again for the help!
At TESU, Intro to Business is a Free Elective.

Going forward, just know that business courses are free electives, unless they have the word "communication" in them (Managerial Communication, Business Communication) or "ethics" in them (Business Ethics, Management Ethics) or "psychology" in them (Industrial/Organizational Psychology). And at TESU, Org Behavior is also a Psych course. These are all courses that are business but can also be used in the AoS of a BALS degree, or can be used in a Business degree.

You can always check the course provider to see what they say about where the course will fit, or ask here as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-03-2021, 11:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote: At TESU, Intro to Business is a Free Elective.

Going forward, just know that business courses are free electives, unless they have the word "communication" in them (Managerial Communication, Business Communication) or "ethics" in them (Business Ethics, Management Ethics) or "psychology" in them (Industrial/Organizational Psychology).  And at TESU, Org Behavior is also a Psych course.  These are all courses that are business but can also be used in the AoS of a BALS degree, or can be used in a Business degree.

You can always check the course provider to see what they say about where the course will fit, or ask here as well.

thank you!  Hopefully, I am close to a break-through of understanding...I hear it can happen suddenly :-).  I'm not "deer in the headlights" I'm more like the kitty chasing the laser light, :/
For Sophia, it's usually better to just complete everything except for a handful of classes than it is to try to figure out everything perfectly. You'll waste less time and less time wasted = less money wasted.

But if you want things as easy as possible, there are roadmaps/plans on the wiki:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(05-04-2021, 07:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For Sophia, it's usually better to just complete everything except for a handful of classes than it is to try to figure out everything perfectly. You'll waste less time and less time wasted = less money wasted.

But if you want things as easy as possible, there are roadmaps/plans on the wiki:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

I would never advise someone to just complete most Sophia courses - that to me is a time waster.  Instead, I would say make a plan first, fit in everything you've already taken, run it by here first to make sure things will go where you think they will, and then start.  I would be very discouraged if I took a bunch of courses that wouldn't fit into my degree plan - that might derail me before I ever really got going.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-04-2021, 08:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I would never advise someone to just complete most Sophia courses - that to me is a time waster.  Instead, I would say make a plan first, fit in everything you've already taken, run it by here first to make sure things will go where you think they will, and then start.  I would be very discouraged if I took a bunch of courses that wouldn't fit into my degree plan - that might derail me before I ever really got going.

I honestly don't think it's a waste of time, at least not with (most) Sophia classes. But, in case k-k-k-katy thinks so, I did provide the links to the roadmaps on the wiki. Most of the research has already been done; makes things easier.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(05-04-2021, 09:18 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 08:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I would never advise someone to just complete most Sophia courses - that to me is a time waster.  Instead, I would say make a plan first, fit in everything you've already taken, run it by here first to make sure things will go where you think they will, and then start.  I would be very discouraged if I took a bunch of courses that wouldn't fit into my degree plan - that might derail me before I ever really got going.

I honestly don't think it's a waste of time, at least not with (most) Sophia classes. But, in case k-k-k-katy thinks so, I did provide the links to the roadmaps on the wiki. Most of the research has already been done; makes things easier.

If I only need, or can only use, 2 Sophia courses - then it's a waste of time for me to take more than that.  Why WOULDN'T it be a waste of time to take things you know you can't use?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 634 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where should I get my accounting degree? mt_1994 10 168 1 hour ago
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 616 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 541 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 405 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 384 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 343 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 303 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 663 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 634 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch