Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to put courses on plan for BSBA?
I've been working on my husband degree plan(BSBA GM) and have been piecing it together slowly.

I'll attach the BSBA degree plan I've been following originally made by dfrecore (thank you).

Green= either completed or close to completion. IP= In Progress.

How will his community college likely transfer to TESU? He won't be applying for another couple months. 

AMT90 Topics/Auto/Mech Tech 1.5 C . ---This is now considered AMT294
AMT90 Topics/Auto/Mech Tech 1.5 A --- This is not considered AMT294
AMT93 Basic/Enhanced CLN AIR CR 7.0 A -- This is now considered AMT340

I imagine the above won't count since those are from Fall 2001 and aren't related to Business?

I could use help on where to put these on the degree plan.

Another community college semester:

BUS350 Small Business Mgmt/Entrepren 3.0 A
BUS300 Intro to Business 3.0  D  
MGMT310 Intro to Public Mgmt 3.0 B
MKT300 Principles of Marketing 3.0 C

I was also curious to know if any Shmoop classes can work into the AOS? 

TIA!  Rolleyes

Attached Files
.xlsx   Randy 2018 TESU BSBA GM Basic.xlsx (Size: 74.05 KB / Downloads: 25)
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(02-14-2018, 11:11 PM)scout2family Wrote: I've been working on my husband degree plan(BSBA GM) and have been piecing it together slowly.

I'll attach the BSBA degree plan I've been following originally made by dfrecore (thank you).

Green= either completed or close to completion. IP= In Progress.

How will his community college likely transfer to TESU? He won't be applying for another couple months. 

AMT90 Topics/Auto/Mech Tech 1.5 C . ---This is now considered AMT294

I imagine the above won't count since those are from Fall 2001 and aren't related to Business?

I could use help on where to put these on the degree plan.

Another community college semester:

TIA!  Rolleyes

My guess is that the auto mechanics will fall into other credits which means free electives, for which you will have 6 units available in the BSBA GM.

The ones in the second semester are questionable.
  1. To qualify for the AOS they must meet the currency requirement (credit granted within the last 7 years)
  2. To be eligible to transfer, they must be a "C" or better (Intro Business wouldn't meet that)
So, assuming TESU waives the currency requirement it seems like the other 3 would fit into the degree. I'd assume BUS350 and BUS300 could slot into the MAN area of the GM AOS, and MKT300 would meet the Principles of Marketing requirement for the BSBA Core. But that would be up to TESU to confirm.

As for Shmoop courses, there are some recently added courses that should fit into the BSBA GM...
  • Principles of Finance (FIN-301 BSBA Core - or GM AOS:Finance if you take the Study.com FIN-200 version as well)
  • Principles of Management (MAN-301 BSBA Core)
  • Principles of Marketing (MAR-301 BSBA Core)
  • Business Communication (COM-300 BSBA Core)
  • Introduction to E-Commerce (BSBA GM AOS:Marketing)
Aside from Marketing, I plan to take those myself.

NOTE: Keep in mind that since they are fairly new and Shmoop isn't as popular as the others aside from Lit courses, I don't think anyone here has tried them yet. So, we have yet to see confirmation that TESU will evaluate them as shown. As such, you may want to pre-plan them with TESU advising first to confirm they meet your requirements. This is particularly important for anything in the AOS since you need at least 12 UL credits there.

If nobody else has taken them before I get to them, I should be able to confirm one way or another next month.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(02-14-2018, 11:11 PM)scout2family Wrote: AMT90 Topics/Auto/Mech Tech 1.5 C . ---This is now considered AMT294

TIA!  Rolleyes

Auto Mechanics and Intro to Business will come in as Free Electives.

Small Business Mgmt will come in as MAN-230, and can be used in the AOS.
Intro to Public Management will come into the AOS as a MAN course, but not sure of the course number.
Prin of Marketing will fulfill the core.

The Shmoop courses can be used:
Business Comm - core
Financial Accounting - core
E-Commerce - AOS, but LL (you need UL at this point, and your Free Electives are full, so don't take it)
Marketing - duplicate of what you've already taken
Personal Finance - Free Electives (so don't take it)
Prin of Finance - Core
Management - Core
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-15-2018, 12:40 AM)Merlin Wrote: The ones in the second semester are questionable.
  1. To qualify for the AOS they must meet the currency requirement (credit granted within the last 7 years)
  2. To be eligible to transfer, they must be a "C" or better (Intro Business wouldn't meet that)
As for Shmoop courses, there are some recently added courses that should fit into the BSBA GM...
  • Principles of Finance (FIN-301 BSBA Core - or GM AOS:Finance if you take the Study.com FIN-200 version as well)
  • Principles of Management (MAN-301 BSBA Core)
  • Principles of Marketing (MAR-301 BSBA Core)
  • Business Communication (COM-300 BSBA Core)
  • Introduction to E-Commerce (BSBA GM AOS:Marketing)
Aside from Marketing, I plan to take those myself.  
Hello! The second semester was taken Fall 2011. Hopefully 'expiring' won't be an issue. And I'm curious as to the Intro to Bus since he earned a D. Either way, looks like the Automotive classes more than fill his Free Electives. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Keep us posted on your progress! I'd love to hear your experience with the Shmoop courses you're trying out.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
Yeah the D won't transfer. Expiring is rarely an issue. Usually just for computer classes.

(02-15-2018, 12:55 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Auto Mechanics and Intro to Business will come in as Free Electives.

Small Business Mgmt will come in as MAN-230, and can be used in the AOS.
Intro to Public Management will come into the AOS as a MAN course, but not sure of the course number.
Prin of Marketing will fulfill the core.

The Shmoop courses can be used:
Business Comm - core
Financial Accounting - core
E-Commerce - AOS, but LL (you need UL at this point, and your Free Electives are full, so don't take it)
Marketing - duplicate of what you've already taken
Personal Finance - Free Electives (so don't take it)
Prin of Finance - Core
Management - Core
The Auto Mech and Intro Bus have been moved into Free Electives for 13 units. eeek he's got extras then.

Small Bus Mgmt and Intro to Public Mgmt I moved into AOS under MAN (both being lower level tho, correct??) I'm not clear on the UL and LL requirement for the BSBA GM degree. On TESU website, I didn't see it either. 

Before I travel further down this path, Hubby is still interested in the BSBA Operations Management. I hope it's do-able online and am curious how his classes would look on a new degree plan for OM. dfrecore- do you have a plan for OM or can you help me to adapt the one I'm using(that's yours to begin with! lol)? They look relatively similar, the GM and OM. Do you see any headaches in transferring over to OM? Any insight is appreciated very much!

― Captain Jack Sparrow
Oh, now I see someone said 7 years for AOS. That may be right.

Small Business Mgmt would be LL and we don't know on Public Mgmt. But since it says Intro, more likely to be LL.

OpsMan is a good one Smile He would probably have to take at least one exam with CSU-Global and at least one Study.com, and then Saylor is cheap for the Business Statistics course, but there would be other options too.

CSU-Global has these OpsMan:
- Total Quality Management
- Project Procurement & Contract Management
- Leadership in Ops Management

These are the options from Study.com:
- Ops Management
- Project Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management

Ideas-- he completed Statistics at ALEKS. I assume Business Statistics is different? 

And he's going to take a couple of classes at Study.com to get the discount for TESU. So, I'll have him look at the ones you listed.

Thanks for your help!

― Captain Jack Sparrow
To correct some info here:

At TESU, any CC courses will come in as LL, no matter what they're called (intro or not).

Also, D's WILL count except in the Core/AOS, or for English I & II.  D- will not count anywhere.

Also, yes, you DO have to have currency for your AOS.  But, luckily, there is a maximum number of credits they will take, meaning you can have up to 10cr from 10+ years ago in your AOS, and for computers in the AOS (not in the gen ed), it's 5 years.

So in your specific case: your Core and Free Electives courses can have any grade of D or above, and any age.  But the 2 courses that could go into the AOS are going to be LL, and will come in even though they're old.  It's only 6cr, and C's or greater, so you're fine.
======================

For the Ops Management AOS, you can do the following:
Ops Management Requirement - Study.com or TECEP
TQM Requirement - CSU-Global CBE

OM Electives:
Business Stats from Saylor only (UL)
MIS as CIS-301 - Saylor, DSST, Davar, Ed4Credit (UL)
Project Management - Study.com, Sophia (UL)
Logistics & Supply Chain - Study.com (UL)
Project Procurement & Contract Mgmt - CSU-Global (UL)
Leadership in Ops Mgmt - CSU-Global (UL)

Get your AOS courses pre-approved before you take them.

And, your 2 courses that would have gone into your AOS will go to Free Electives.  Once Free Electives fills up, they get bumped to "Other courses" meaning they will show up on your transcript, but won't count towards your degree.

For TESU's BSBA, you're required to have 12cr of UL.  So 4 out of the 6 courses need to be UL.  The first 2 are required, and UL, so 2 of the electives must be UL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Ideas
(02-15-2018, 04:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For TESU's BSBA, you're required to have 12cr of UL.  So 4 out of the 6 courses need to be UL.  The first 2 are required, and UL, so 2 of the electives must be UL.
Regardless of the minor chosen for BSBA-- what you stated above is still required, correct? I told hubby how TESU doesn't print the Minor on the degree, thinking he should know since his employer won't be referencing his transcripts, and I wished you could've seen him. He threw his hands up and said, "oh hell!" LOL So, for now, the minor is leaning towards GM instead of OpsMgmt. 

As far as GE's, will Shmoop courses cover any of these:  

English Comp II
Oral Comm

Knowledge of Human Cultures area-- (can he take LIT classes even though he's going for BSBA?) 
What options do we have for Shmoop here?

And I assume any of the Shmoop College level courses should be able to go into the GE Elective area?

― Captain Jack Sparrow

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,295 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 879 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,444 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,782 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,034 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 575 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 700 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat