Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some advice on the quickest and easiest way to finish this plan.
It does work, in theory, but I would still recommend TESU's BSBA CIS over a Purdue Associate. The cost is lower and a Bachelor's will get you further than an Associate. Especially with all the writing you'll have to do with Purdue.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • cblsak
Do you have any RA credits? I recommend this, Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis in IT using Sophia.org/Google IT cert. Once that is done, you can ladder up to a Bachelors in IT at WGU or Purdue's Exceltrack option... If you want to keep it simple, go for a UMPI BAS with a Minor in MIS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cblsak
(02-11-2022, 05:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Do you have any RA credits?  I recommend this, Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis in IT using Sophia.org/Google IT cert.  Once that is done, you can ladder up to a Bachelors in IT at WGU or Purdue's Exceltrack option... If you want to keep it simple, go for a UMPI BAS with a Minor in MIS.

No, I don't have any RA credits, only ace through Sophia. I have been reading up on the Pierpont BOG degree. It states either 1 RA credit or 12 and you can never be sure what they'll ask for. I saw the options to do 1 credit with ASU and then 12 credits with ONU for $600. I'm looking over it. I'm still thinking about all the options right now. You can't beat almost free.

I'm also looking at Purdue's professional studies degree for $200 a month they also ask for 1 RA credit to enroll.
https://www.purdueglobal.edu/tuition-fin...-and-fees/

I might be able to make this into degree with a IT concentration if they go for the Google IT cert, and the PHP cert, transfer in all my ace credits from Sophia and possibly just do a few courses with them and a capstone. $200 a month better than $10K.

Any of you think this will work?
Something I think you may be confused about: Purdue Global is a quarter-based school, so when you're talking about credits, you need to remember that.  3 semester credits (what Sophia and other alt-credit providers use) = 4.5 quarter credits, and when my daughter transferred credits to Purdue Global, they rounded to 5qcr.

A 120cr bachelor's degree at a semester-based school is equal to 180qcr at a quarter-based school.  Purdue Global has 5qcr LL courses and 6qcr UL courses.
-----------------------

I agree that a Purdue Global Associates degree is not worth the cost, and would instead do a PG's Bachelor's via ExcelTrack, or else go to another school entirely like WGU or UMPI.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cblsak
(02-11-2022, 10:27 PM)cblsak Wrote: I'm also looking at Purdue's professional studies degree for $200 a month they also ask for 1 RA credit to enroll.
https://www.purdueglobal.edu/tuition-fin...-and-fees/

I might be able to make this into degree with a IT concentration if they go for the Google IT cert, and the PHP cert, transfer in all my ace credits from Sophia and possibly just do a few courses with them and a capstone. $200 a month better than $10K.

Any of you think this will work?

The idea some people have of the professional studies degree is selling it like a computer technology degree to employers on their resumes.

$200 is cheap enough to give it a try and if you don't like it you can always bail and do something else.

Look at this thread:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ity-Global
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • cblsak
(02-11-2022, 10:27 PM)cblsak Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 05:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Do you have any RA credits?  I recommend this, Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis in IT using Sophia.org/Google IT cert.  Once that is done, you can ladder up to a Bachelors in IT at WGU or Purdue's Exceltrack option... If you want to keep it simple, go for a UMPI BAS with a Minor in MIS.

No, I don't have any RA credits, only ace through Sophia. I have been reading up on the Pierpont BOG degree. It states either 1 RA credit or 12 and you can never be sure what they'll ask for. I saw the options to do 1 credit with ASU and then 12 credits with ONU for $600. I'm looking over it. I'm still thinking about all the options right now. You can't beat almost free.

Nobody has reported being asked for the full 12 in the 1-2 years since this loophole was reported. For whatever reason, you can't currently transcript the ASU 1-credit course, though. I'm still waiting on that. I would suggest taking either College Readiness from TEL (one proctored exam) or whatever course would be easiest for you from ONU for $150. Some of the Olivet courses are listed as being quite quick: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • cblsak

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 580 10 hours ago
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,144 Today, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 186 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,102 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 30 1,968 04-16-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 522 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 388 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 170 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 532 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 350 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM