Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Degree Planning Help
Hello Everyone,

I've been a member of this group for years, and had planned on diving into this process in 2020 but life had other plans. TESU evaluated my transcripts back in 2019/2020 but I'm not really sure where to go from here. I found this Wiki and have been reading through it but don't understand the catalog part- how do I find out which catalog year I'm in and/or update to the current year? 

Your Location: Charleston, SC
Your Age: 34
What kind of degree do you want?: Probably Business (Marketing/Data Analytics) I've worked in technology since 2017 when I went to code school (since bought out and subsequently closed) and I've been focused on E-commerce since 2018 with lots of potential to grow in that field but I'm no longer working as a developer and don't necessarily want to get a degree in that. My current position leaves me time during the day to work getting a BA, but I have 3 kids and think a self-paced environment will be the easiest way to check this box off. I'd like to use tools like study.com to get as close to complete as I can. 

Current Credits/Transfer Summary 

.png   screencapture-selfservice-tesu-edu-Student-Student-TransferSummary-2022-09-26-12_14_47.png (Size: 389.27 KB / Downloads: 13)
Log in at http://www.tesu.edu/oss and choose "Academic Evaluation". At the top, it will tell you your catalog year. If you're not in the current year, but you want to be, you need to email advising to ask them to update you to the latest catalog. Or, if your degree plan doesn't currently include the BS(BA) Marketing, have them add that degree to your degree plan and it should be the new catalog automatically.

The Academic Evaluation will also show you what courses you have left to complete. Very handy, since the brand new "Transfer Summary" is pretty useless. On the bright side, it does show that you already have more than 30 RA credits, so you don't have to worry about obtaining more.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Welcome to the board.  I suggest you do a TESU BSBA CIS & Marketing double AOS, it hits all three of your interests... If you have the energy, money, time to spend on your education as you have a more flexible schedule, then you can do the following, the BSBA CIS & Entrepreneurship AOS, Marketing Cert, BA Computer Science all for the price of one degree... But first, you have half the info I was looking for, the other half is missing... can you fill in the last post addendum from here, advice will most likely change if you have limited budget, many commitments, etc: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
So, you have 40cr to bring in, which is good (3cr of English Comp I duplicates). No worries about the RA requirement at TESU, you've jumped over that hoop.

For a BSBA in Marketing, you need:
English Composition II
Oral Communication
College Algebra
Diversity requirement (Sociology, World Religion, Anthropology, etc.)
NatSci or CompSci x 2 courses

Core (at least 1 of these must be UL, options are listed at bottom)
Financial Accounting
Managerial Accounting
Business Law
Computers
Principles of Management (LL or UL)
Principles of Marketing
Macroeconomics
Principles of Statistics
The CSM Course
Financial Management (LL) OR Corporate Finance (UL)
Business Communication (LL) OR Managerial Communication (UL)
International Business (LL) OR Globalization & International Management (UL)
MARK 301: Marketing Research (UL at SDC)
3 UL Marketing electives
2 LL Marketing electives

You can do literally everything at Study.com, or you can do some at Sophia and then finish at SDC, I think there are some available through Davar as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The BSBA CIS includes one required UL marketing course, digital marketing.

You could do a double major in marketing or take a few extra marketing courses to throw in as extra free electives.

If you do the BSBA CIS, the AS is Computer Science would be easy to get as it only requires a few extra courses once you have the BSBA CIS done.

For Data Analytics, I would look into doing a certification somewhere.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
For Data Analytics, I would do some inexpensive Coursera certificates and transfer those in before graduating at TESU. Then you'd have some Data Science/Data Analytics courses on your official transcript, plus the certificates themselves. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 82 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 593 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,166 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,905 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 205 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,153 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,305 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 931 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 546 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM