Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which EXAMS Satisfy Core TESC Requirements in BSHS
Thanks to the information posted by "cookderosa" (Jennifer), It am leaning toward TESC Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Admin of Justice. Her recommendation was spot on!

I reviewed the core requirements, but I was unable to figure out which exams fulfilled the Core Requirements.

If anyone has some insight, I would really appreciate it. I am trying to find the most efficient way (easiest exams) of fulfilling my core degree requirements. Most of my other stuff is done.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

Bachelor of Science Human Services

A. Core Requirements 21 credits

Dynamics of social setting (upper-level subjects in sociology, urban politics, social history, etc.) (3)
Dynamics of the individual (upper-level subjects in psychology) (6)
Dynamics of intervention (covers such areas as counseling, interviewing and social work methods) (3)
Social Planning (covers such areas as social policy, planning and administration) (3)
Sad No suggestions?
I am in the same boat... but what I am planning to do is take some of the DSSTs. You'd have to look and see what looks like it will go with your degree as well as check with the TESC advisor, I'd guess.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
You most likely won't find any exams for that, you will need to take classes.
Bachelor of Arts, 2008
87 Traditional Credits
27 Exam Credits
6 FEMA Credits

M.A., 2010  

*Now Homeschooling
Or you might be able to PLA them if they allow you to.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Take everything I say with multiple grains of salt:

A. Core Requirements 21 credits

Dynamics of social setting (upper-level subjects in sociology, urban politics, social history, etc.) (3)

-DSST Drug and Alcohol Abuse (SOS-305)

Dynamics of the individual (upper-level subjects in psychology) (6)

-DSST Lifespan Developmental Psychology (PSY-211)
-CLEP Intro to Educational Psychology (PSY-230)

Dynamics of intervention (covers such areas as counseling, interviewing and social work methods) (3)

-DSST Fundamentals of Counseling (COU-262)

Social Planning (covers such areas as social policy, planning and administration) (3)

ECE Cultural Diversity- This may or may not apply. It seems like it might fit, or I may be missing something else that fits better. This one is questionable at best.

Thomas Edison defines upper-level subjects as 200 level or above. All the exams I listed meets this one requirement. I got the information from the TESC College Catalog at:

http://www.tesc.edu/files/College_Catalog_0809web.pdf

TESC CLEP and DSST tables are on pages 108 and 109.

You should definitely talk with an advisor before starting any of these exams, but it may help give you some ideas. I hope this helps.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
Just a quick <dumb> question. When you say talk to an advisor... do you mean when you apply & get the unofficial credit eval? Because on the TESC site it sounded to me like I'd have to officially enroll before I could talk to an advisor.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

1st, I want to tell you that you should pay the 75 bucks asap and get your eval done. That'll allow you to have in depth conversations with the advisors and give you the confidence that you are taking the right exams.

2nd, I have attached my degree plan for BSHS Emergency Management which has been evaluated by TESC and has been found to be good to go.

Lastly, I would like to encourage you to keep it moving. Don't wait until u get your eval back from TESC to begin taking exams. They take forever! Use the TESC catalog, the forum, and your best judgment to keep a good pace going.

Attached Files
.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">DegreePlan.xls (Size: 33 KB / Downloads: 100)
[U][U]A pass is a pass![/U][/U]

CLEP Passed
Social Science & History (6)
English Comp w/Essay (6)
A & I Literature (6)
Biology (6)
Natural Science (6)
Intro to Psychology (3)
Intro to Sociology (3)
Intro to Educational Psychology (3)
Human Growth & Development (3)
American Government (3)

DSST Passed
Drug & Alcohol Abuse (3)
Organizational Behavior (3)
Intro to Computing (3)
Technical Writing (3)
Astronomy (3)
Counseling (3)

ECE
Research Methods in Psychology (3)
Cultural Diversity (3)

FEMA (25)
NFA (3)

***Admitted to Wayne State University Law School
Thank you to all who replied. The lack of suggestions was making me a bit nervous about my decision to pursue this degree.

I really dont have the time to take classes to fulfill the requirements of THIS major. If I have to actually sit for classes, I will change majors. My true goal it to obtain a Master's degree.

Old Rusty Pipe, passing your recommended exams appears to be something I could actually accomplish relatively quickly. I was hoping most of them would be CLEP or DSSTs!!! I was having a hard time figuring out the best test for the core.

I previously spent the $75 for an evaluation but I requested a Bachelor of ARTS in Liberal Studies. Cookderosa recommended this major after she reviewed my completed classes. I missed this major when I was researching TESC. BS degree is a better fit for my situation and background.

I re-submitted all of my updated transcripts for a re-evaluation, but this time I requested BS Human Services in Admin of Justice. I requested exam suggestions via this post because I was hoping to get started on exams as soon as possible. Six weeks is a long time to wait for a response from TESC.

This board did not let me down. Thanks again.

I will update once I get my eval back.

Mark
Any updates as far as your evaluation? The BSHS path seems to be one of those degree paths that require actually taking a few courses (not that there is anything worng with that) rather than testing out of the core.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,436 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,732 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,778 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Help me fill degree requirements TESU BS NEET MNomadic 10 3,055 08-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,543 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,618 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU/ACE/Microsoft Exams AwardTour 10 2,975 07-13-2018, 11:48 PM
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,638 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  Contact an advisor requirements at TESU Johmford 2 1,253 06-22-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,933 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM