Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Method Best for on the go?
So, I have done several courses on SL. I like the format. But, am looking for courses that might fit my situation.

I spend several hours a day on the road or walking around and not necessarily in front of a computer. SL courses are requiring a lot of "face" time. I have used the online books text-to-speech to listen to the information. But, the text-to-speech is not the best.

I noticed that Study.com has videos you watch and then take a test. Is this a viable path? Download videos and listen while driving? Are there other options out there that may be better?

I am still able to get 2-3 hours a day in front of computer if needed. But, would like the option to learn quicker during time I consider downtime.

Thanks
Study.com has an app you can download (ios or android). It'll allow you to store the info on the go, they'll be the one I would recommend if you're needing things on the go, otherwise SL is pretty cheap/easy/fast if you can work on it during a downtime (like a long weekend) or at night when you're not sleeping yet...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Cheeseburrito, ttower
I used the study.com app and it was great. You just need to go back and take the quizzes when you get a free minute.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 2 users Like rlw74's post:
  • keepsingin, ttower
I will try the Study.com. I do have some down time but it is not enough for fast paced learning. I did find 1 audio book. "Captain Cram's condensed audio course for use with the American Literature Clep Exam" . Bought it and was able to listen to entire book in 2 days. I thought it was very good. It covered 90 Authors.
study.com's app is the best thing for what you're talking about
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • ttower
Another vote for Study.com hands down.

Have you taken the American Lit CLEP yet with Captain Cram's help?!
[-] The following 1 user Likes studiousimp's post:
  • ttower
(02-05-2018, 02:20 PM)studiousimp Wrote: Another vote for Study.com hands down.  

Have you taken the American Lit CLEP yet with Captain Cram's help?!

No, Not yet. I plan on listening to the book a couple of more times just to be sure. Then go through the instacert questions once quickly and take it. But, because of my schedule, it may be 2 months before I schedule the test.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paved Method Starbuck007 2 741 09-12-2016, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Starbuck007
  grading method for college composition/ testing circumstances jgbenjamin 3 784 02-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Last Post: BGSU_Alum_86
  Has anyone used the "paved method" audio files for CLEP or DSST review EI2HCB 13 2,151 06-27-2015, 04:41 PM
Last Post: clep3705
  Does this method work? Do you really learn anything? marianne202 5 898 02-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Elementary Special Education Math Method Class Felipe 1 633 08-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  The best study method (not just for tests) bvalenta599 8 922 10-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Last Post: nleamons
  College Composition Essay - citation method? keithk 7 1,366 09-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Last Post: keithk
  MY CLEP Information system and computer study method jerrytang 1 968 04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Any Texas residents using this method for pre-req's at a Texas University? OneDayDegree 4 1,080 02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Test Cluster method martialartist 4 1,240 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku