Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which Shmoop are fastest?
Assuming very little memory of high school courses years ago, I didn’t live under a rock though and worked a fairly professional job. With that kind of background... I wondered for others that have tried to jam through some Shmoop courses, which were the fast and easy ones? I’m trying to make some progress since I haven’t gotten very far along besides the free courses and am starting community college for two classes in a couple of weeks. I’ll be doing a BALS sciences (biology/earth or something) at COSC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bethanyneedsajob's post:
  • cecilgambe7
it depends on what you know. If you're familiar with the Bible, Bible as Lit can be done in a couple of hours. If you're familiar with Shakespeare, the Shakespeare courses are very quick. Media Literacy is fast, History of Technology is fast, if you're a decent writer then Professional Writing is fast.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

I have been taking some of these classes through the summer. I have noticed that there are a bunch of classes with five, eight or nine buttons for units along the top of the page, but then have twelve units in the syllabus on the left. I know that Shmoop is going through the process of renewing ACE designation and I am curious if they are making some classes longer for this purpose.
(08-08-2019, 01:11 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I have been taking some of these classes through the summer. I have noticed that there are a bunch of classes with five, eight or nine buttons for units along the top of the page, but then have twelve units in the syllabus on the left. I know that Shmoop is going through the process of renewing ACE designation and I am curious if they are making some classes longer for this purpose.

I just check that out and it appears the buttons at the top are still stuck on the last course you looked at, that's why it doesn't match the sylabus. If you click on the unit links at the top it will take you back to the previous course that you viewed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes troutsniffer's post:
  • eriehiker
(08-08-2019, 06:24 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: it depends on what you know. If you're familiar with the Bible, Bible as Lit can be done in a couple of hours. If you're familiar with Shakespeare, the Shakespeare courses are very quick. Media Literacy is fast, History of Technology is fast, if you're a decent writer then Professional Writing is fast.

Thanks Smile
The fastest Shmoop courses are the ones that you are most familiar with. I highly recommend just browsing their course and view the topics that's within each course syllabus. Further to that, you should take only the ones that you have interest in. I took 3 History courses from them when they first offered ACE recommended courses (the only ones at that time for $25/month).

That was 9 credits and I hated their way of teaching, it was the end of Shmoop for me... Frankly, I think they are on par with their course structure, if not worse than Saylor courses... they are cheap enough, but I would rather pay a bit more for easier/faster learning and retaining of information.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest Sophia courses Vle045 10 4,697 04-26-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: acethroughcollege
  Fastest platform for three courses warriorlawyer 13 2,162 12-24-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Fastest/Cheapest way to obtain college credit for CPA License (Massachusetts) Fastestwaytopcpa 1 863 10-18-2022, 11:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What are the easiest & fastest Sophia courses out of this list? cdickerson0601 9 4,617 05-19-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Fastest Sophia Classes ? yellow_gambit 11 5,096 10-19-2021, 01:52 PM
Last Post: BrianFallon
  Comprehensive list of fastest/easiest general elective / liberal arts credits studyingfortests 4 1,295 08-28-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Fastest, Cheapest Way to Get Credits on Transcript sanantone 12 2,046 08-10-2021, 05:27 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Acclaim just added all my Shmoop courses jsh1138 6 1,440 01-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
Sad Does anyone know what's happening with old Shmoop credits? Sort of freaking out. literalkev 10 1,841 09-17-2020, 10:08 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Shmoop ACE Plan Changes? Tedium 80 7,950 09-09-2020, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Merlin