Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests?
I'm looking for Bachelor degrees that can be completed the quickest from CLEP type tests, work experience, etc. I know of TESU, but I didn't see a list of CLEPs that go toward the classes or the shortest path to degree completion. Anyone know of schools that have degrees with short paths to the bachelor's below? In rank order of interest:

Psychology
Criminal Justice
Healthcare Management
General Management
Nursing
There is no degree that can be fully CLEP'd because TESU has the capstone requirement. Also, you may not be able to take CLEP tests for a few months; campuses are remaining closed even as the country reopens.

AFAIK, the only degree that can be fully CLEP'd (aside from the capstone) would possibly be Liberal Studies.

Using other testing sources, I think the only one on your list that can be fully tested out of is Criminal Justice.

Have you finished Sophia yet?
(05-08-2020, 10:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: There is no degree that can be fully CLEP'd because TESU has the capstone requirement. Also, you may not be able to take CLEP tests for a few months; campuses are remaining closed even as the country reopens.

AFAIK, the only degree that can be fully CLEP'd (aside from the capstone) would possibly be Liberal Studies.

Using other testing sources, I think the only one on your list that can be fully tested out of is Criminal Justice.

Have you finished Sophia yet?

From TESU Psychology can be fully tested out of (besides capstone) it would just require using coopersmith or Excel in addition to study.com.

Criminal Justice can not be fully tested out. Study.com doesn't offer all the UL courses and there are a lot of specific courses.

General Management can also be fully tested out of with alt credit. (besides capstone).

So general management and psych are the only ones that you could do with all alt credit.

Those are all very different majors with different career choices. Maybe you should step back and figure out what your career goals and major is before you start working on a degree. Just because it can't be fully tested out of, if your goal is criminal justice, healthcare management or nursing then you should go with what aligns towards your career/needs/goals.

Also CLEPs only come in as lower level so cleps specifically you can only use for gen eds and electives.

If you want any bachelors degree then your quickest/easiest would be liberal studies. But you can't do as much with liberal studies. And then if you decide later you want to go back and study nursing or psych or criminal justice then you won't eligible for financial aid.

Also WGU has healthcare management if you had enough prior credit you could speed through that is in 6 months it would be fast and cheap. TESU has healthcare management but I don't think it can be tested out of.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
Most of these questions are covered in more detail in the FAQs and wiki, but I'll briefly respond here as well.

(05-08-2020, 10:25 AM)Sorbik Wrote: I'm looking for Bachelor degrees that can be completed the quickest from CLEP type tests, work experience, etc. I know of TESU, but I didn't see a list of CLEPs that go toward the classes or the shortest path to degree completion.

No degree can be completed with CLEP/DSST exams alone because they are generally not accepted as upper-division credits and a degree will require a certain amount of upper and lower-division credits. Most of us supplement with ACE or NCCRS recommended courses taken from online credit providers like Study.com, StraighterLine, and Sophia.

You can try to build a portfolio (PLA) to earn credits for life experience, but in many (most) cases the time, costs, and amount of work required to create and document a portfolio for review isn't worthwhile. You'd be better off using your life experience to pass a relevant online course very quickly (and at a lower cost). A PLA review is generally best suited to earning credit for something you cannot pick up from an alternative credit provider.

(05-08-2020, 10:25 AM)Sorbik Wrote: Anyone know of schools that have degrees with short paths to the bachelor's below? In rank order of interest:

Psychology
Criminal Justice
Healthcare Management
General Management
Nursing

There aren't really any short paths since every college will require at least 120 credits to complete a bachelor's degree, but some schools are better at accepting alternative credits which in many cases can be completed at an accelerated pace. Particularly so if you have prior experience in the area or you have a large amount of time you can dedicate to studying.

Most of the Big 3 (TESU, COSC, and Excelsior) along with WGU are generally recommended here for people who are looking for accelerated degree completion. All of those schools have very generous alternate credit policies (such as CLEP/DSST and ACE credits). The Big 3 will accept the largest amount of transfer credits (114-117 credits in most cases) while WGU only accepts up to 90 transfer credits.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
A BA in liberal studies will accept the most CLEP type tests
BABA, New England College, 2019
Try 'General Studies' or 'Liberal Studies' degrees. They accept the most amount of transfer credits.

https://drexel.edu/goodwin/academics/deg...l-studies/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 759 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Associate degrees??? midnite123 10 657 04-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,818 03-28-2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 761 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,780 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 1 455 02-20-2024, 01:13 AM
Last Post: mancheseter24
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 286 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How others think of college degrees... bjcheung77 5 577 12-31-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 957 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 612 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64