Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's applying for jobs? Amazon's hiring!
So, who wants to work at Amazon?  I noticed they're hiring, 7000+ jobs in my back yard! <yeah the Bellevue, Redmond, Seattle areas>  I think I'll have to dig into their job site to see if they have any part-time work that I can do in the comfort of home!  Anyone got dibs on other online sites hiring?  I'm still in the hunt for places that have tuition assistance/reimbursement, and I believe Amazon has that as a bonus/perk for employees!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Personally, I don't think I'd ever want to work for Amazon. They're pretty notorious for not treating their employees well.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dodek101
(12-27-2020, 04:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Personally, I don't think I'd ever want to work for Amazon. They're pretty notorious for not treating their employees well.

I think it depends on what you do, and your perspective.  My husband has friends who work there in IT sales, they love it.  My daughter's boyfriend would love to work there, he's coming from minimum wage - so it's not like he's being treated awesomely by his employer now.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-27-2020, 04:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Personally, I don't think I'd ever want to work for Amazon. They're pretty notorious for not treating their employees well.

I have a few friends who work in Operations, Transportation and Supply Chain. They say the money is great but culture, not so great. All said your experience will vary depending on which boss you have or what team you are on.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

(12-28-2020, 04:25 AM)GizmoJack Wrote:

All said your experience will vary depending on which boss you have or what team you are on.

This literally applies to every job on the planet.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I've worked full-time and part-time at Amazon fulfillment centers. $15/hr for low-skill work. I thought it was one of the easier jobs I ever had.

My wife has worked there for a little over two years and really likes it.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
If you are talking  about the entry level warehouse jobs at the fullfilment center they litterly hire almost anyone who applies. It goes through a computer system and as long as you pass  suepr simple online test and background check you are good. You don't even need a resume. A human doesn't even see your application it is all automated. $15/hr minimum to start and 40/hrs a week (4 ten hour days). These are the jobs that are known for being treated poorly. They go through people like water. But these jobs are the backbone of the company and how things get shipped. These are probably most of the jobs you see hiring.

Once you get higher up in the ranks the corporate jobs they treat there employees really well. Some of the IT jobs (amazon web services) are harder to come by and offer many good job perks.

Also every job depends on your direct boss. That is a huge factor between a good and bad job. And also the person's attitdue towards it. Ive worked with some pessimistic people who find something wrong with every single job out there.

I got an offer at the amazon warehouse but I declined when I got a better job that pays better and has better hours for me.
Nope, not the manual labor or warehouse jobs, I'm looking for the "much higher paying ones", namely the ones more geared to Business (several departments are hiring management positions) OR the CS/IT side of things where they are looking for developers, engineers, or a mix of both such as Analysts and DevOps.  I was checking out the site for positions and what the requirements are, generally it's just a BA in either Business Admin or a BA in Computer Science or IT - coupled with a few years experience - that's it!  I am so intrigued why the basic requirements are so low and the preferred requirements are just a tad higher...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Are you seeing salary numbers and schedules?
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 342 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  IT worker keeps 2 jobs for income security indigoshuffle 1 479 02-10-2024, 08:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best & Worst jobs - I wonder... bjcheung77 2 614 01-28-2022, 06:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Amazon and McD Heroes! bjcheung77 2 690 01-28-2022, 04:33 PM
  Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K - Pretty Snappy So Far! bjcheung77 0 458 11-20-2021, 08:52 PM
  Amazon Prime: FREE Battlefield 1 Origin Key! Expires Aug. 4, 2021 bjcheung77 5 1,255 08-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Amazon Fire HD 10" Tablet - 32G/64G Sale bjcheung77 1 697 07-25-2021, 12:50 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Amazon Prime Video: The Tomorrow War! bjcheung77 7 1,369 07-07-2021, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Flelm
  FREE - Amazon.com - Python and OpenGL (Kindle Edition) bjcheung77 1 799 07-06-2021, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Facebook Remote Jobs Dorothy44 0 680 06-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44