Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who to take for TESU Capstone?
I dug through some old threads on this but didn't find many opinions on the mentors available to me this term, so thought I'd ask on here. Any thoughts on any of the following mentors? I'm looking for an easy grader moreso than for someone to help a lot - I'm pretty confident I can figure it out, but get annoyed when professors feel the need to criticize subjective things.

Herrera
Black
Otto
Argen
Brown
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • akr680
I had Arlene Sinding, and she was very easy to get along with. Never had any of the people on your list, sorry
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • akr680
I had Randall Otto. He was helpful and friendly.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
(10-21-2019, 01:15 AM)MSK9 Wrote: I had Randall Otto. He was helpful and friendly.
I'm currently signed up with Otto. Mind if I ask some questions?

How was his grading? Did he seem nitpicky? That's what I'm really nervous about. I've had one professor who would dock points for inane stuff (to the point where the "corrected" versions of my sentences that he'd send back contained grammatical errors that he decided should be there, along with nonsense or poorly written sentences that I was docked for NOT including). It was really stressful and that's mostly what I'm looking to avoid.

What were your grades for the written assignments? (If you don't want to share publicly, would you be willing to PM them?)

How quickly could you expect a response if you needed to ask a question?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 2 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • kevro64, Oulton1
I had Argen for my Capstone, earlier this year.

He is friendly and helpful. Fairly hands-off style, in my opinion. There was one time where he was out of pocket for a few days, and I could not get the answer to an important question. That only happened once.

At first, I thought he was going to be tough, because he told me that the scope of my Thesis was too broad. Then, too narrow. Then, I felt that he did not agree with the direction I was heading in my paper. Only one time did he ever really complain about the "mechanics" of my paper and that was simple margin justification issues.

In the end, my course grade was somewhere around a 95%. The thing with Argen is that he makes comments about your Chapters and discussion forum posts, and he intends them only as a suggestion or constructive criticism. He is a true believer in the "It is YOUR paper and your thesis" approach.

In hindsight, I would pick him again, if I had to.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 1 user Likes ChilliDawg's post:
  • mysonx3
Pretty sure I'm registered with Argen for November term.  

If memory serves well, I remember seeing that Brown had like a 2/5 on rate my professor.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

The only choices I'm seeing for December BUS-421 is Courts and Campo. Neither on RateMyProfessors. Campo has quite a bit more enrolled.

For the people who have taken this course before, do you need a new textbook with "access codes" is a used copy sufficient?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 783 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 362 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy