Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new aproach? ACE reviewed religion courses.
vsantos316 Wrote:No problem. If you are helping someone with their degree, I would advice them to take the course before 10/2011 because Seminary Extension told me that they are no longer planning on getting ACE accreditation.

thank you so much once again for that information.

She is planning on starting a course right away. Her goal is to be done by fall. I wonder why they are not going to have the courses reveiwed for credit?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
I was looking into this option as well, thank you for posting it. I am going to attend Excelsior and Im just wondering....If ACE recommends lower level or upper level, does the school usually go with their suggestion? And if the course is labeled CH (christianity) or TH (theology), is that applied professional or humanities? I aam trying to get a Liberal Arts BA and dont need applied professional upper level classes.

Thank you so much for your time :}
[COLOR="Magenta"]65 B&M credits so far Smile
ACE Credits-
Sophia Conflict Resolution
Kaplan PLA course
FEMA - PDS Certificate (2011)

BA hopeful :hurray:

Eventually-
Masters degree
Valdosa DPA [/COLOR]
I don't know about Excelsior cause I am attending TESC.

I have called Seminary Extension and ACE multiple times and it seems to be either a miscommunication or as another member stated they just don't want to take responsibility if ACE doesn't accept it.

SE consistently states they opted out of ACE service last Oct. and ACE states they are still accredited until this Oct. :toetap:

How's anyone taken SE course and gotten ACE accreditation after Oct/2010??
ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training

The above link is for the ACE website in relation to what classes are ACE approved, etc. Take a look and then you can decide for yourself what you want to do. I personally am considering doing a couple of the classes.

As long as the course is still listed on ACE and you complete it, there shouldn't be any problem. Just submit the course request through ACE and they will contact SE and confirm your completion and you should be awarded ACE credit for the course.
if anyone is interested in this still, it looks like they're ACE accredited again
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(01-12-2018, 08:03 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: if anyone is interested in this still, it looks like they're ACE accredited again

This is a 7-yo zombie thread.  Which course are you referring to?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd
Half the thread is a discussion of Seminary Extension's status with ACE, & how its about to run out. So all the courses from those guys is what I was referring to. There's 2 or 3 dozen of them

I realize that its an old thread, but if anyone is interested in this *still*, they are ACE-approved *again* so this is once again a viable option
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • Murdockb
(01-15-2018, 10:47 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: Half the thread is a discussion of Seminary Extension's status with ACE, & how its about to run out. So all the courses from those guys is what I was referring to. There's 2 or 3 dozen of them

I realize that its an old thread, but if anyone is interested in this *still*, they are ACE-approved *again* so this is once again a viable option

There are a bunch of courses on ACE, but every single one of them I clicked on had expired back in 2011 or earlier (like 1999).  Can you say which ones in particular are approved again?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,109 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,809 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 743 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 792 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 606 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 693 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 306 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coursera & Edx - Peer Reviewed Assignments bjcheung77 7 1,081 01-09-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: gulshan212
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 592 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 461 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn