Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you not post on the other forum?
They have old, out of date, forum software that is not formatted for mobile devices.
(11-22-2017, 01:09 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Pretty sure my first site was Degreeinfo and what I liked were all of these posts on best PhD, PhD vs Edd vs DBA, Cheapest Online Doctorate. I read pretty much all of them until I realized that it was making me a dreamer and not assisting me on my own personal goals. DegreeForum popped up on Degreeinfo from someone pretty much saying 'Get Of My Lawn' and go over to DegreeForum and get your little Bachelor questions answered Wink. Once over here, the topics and resources were perfectly aligned with what I needed in the moment. The additional bonus came in that it just felt like more of a team environment. This is one of the key reasons I spend time in support now for those looking for help.

This post sums me up pretty well. My degree plans may never pan beyond a masters but I'd rather spend my time making progress instead of dreaming about what might be later on down a road I don't travel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22gunsonfire's post:
  • RANSOMSOUL
I spent years lurking on that other forum, but not really taking action on it. I accidentally stumbled onto this forum while researching earning college credit while homeschooling, since my kids will be approaching that age range in a few years. Now, in addition to future planning for my kids, this board gave me the motivation to go back to school myself. I guess I owe Jennifer Cook-DeRosa a big thanks since it was her website that led me here.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 2 users Like jamshid666's post:
  • cookderosa, Life Long Learning
(12-14-2017, 12:11 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: I spent years lurking on that other forum, but not really taking action on it. I accidentally stumbled onto this forum while researching earning college credit while homeschooling, since my kids will be approaching that age range in a few years. Now, in addition to future planning for my kids, this board gave me the motivation to go back to school myself. I guess I owe Jennifer Cook-DeRosa a big thanks since it was her website that led me here.

Thank you! That's so sweet. It's THIS form that built my enthusiasm for homeschooling for college credit. Though we'd been homeschooling for a while when I came here, learning how to merge the two was really a huge explosion for me! I dedicated my book to this site's creator Sgloer (Steve) and the members who were active in helping ME earn my AA/BA back in 2008. This site changed my life- truth.
(12-14-2017, 12:19 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 12:11 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: I spent years lurking on that other forum, but not really taking action on it.  I accidentally stumbled onto this forum while researching earning college credit while homeschooling, since my kids will be approaching that age range in a few years.  Now, in addition to future planning for my kids, this board  gave me the motivation to go back to school myself.  I guess I owe Jennifer Cook-DeRosa a big thanks since it was her website that led me here.

Thank you! That's so sweet.  It's THIS form that built my enthusiasm for homeschooling for college credit.  Though we'd been homeschooling for a while when I came here, learning how to merge the two was really a huge explosion for me! I dedicated my book to this site's creator Sgloer (Steve) and the members who were active in helping ME earn my AA/BA back in 2008.  This site changed my life- truth.
I'm similar to jamshid666. I found Jennifer's Facebook page which led me here as I researched for my daughter. Then I got the bright idea that I should finish my degree too! Thank you Jennifer!! Big Grin
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
[-] The following 1 user Likes originalamyj's post:
  • cookderosa
For me, I was able to use the other site's search capability to find almost all the answers I wanted over there, so I rarely needed to post (I don't post just to socialize or whatever). I think even one of my few posts there was exactly about that. Once my particular path crystallized after learning a lot from both sites, this site's focus on testing out and The Big Three happened to be the path I would walk, so I spent a lot more time and energy here. Since I did a couple of uncommon things compared to most other people on these sites (bachelors in math and using Excelsior's subject GRE rules back when) I was able to contribute on those topics, and that came up a lot more on this site then the other one.
(11-26-2017, 12:45 AM)BrandeX Wrote: They have old, out of date, forum software that is not formatted for mobile devices.

D----I--- is currently offline as part of a major software upgrade and overhaul. We'll be back online Wednesday December 27th. - The d-----i--- team
i think it's ok to say degreeinfo.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-26-2017, 10:59 AM)jsd Wrote: i think it's ok to say degreeinfo.

I do too, although sometimes people on here act like it's Voldemort, and won't say it for some reason.  They call it "the other forum."  Kind of cracks me up.

But I appreciate his coming on here, and putting the dashes - made me think he didn't want to offend anyone, seems like a rarity these days.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I like the unspoken tradition. Calling it the 'other forum' or 'sister forum' has been this member's only secret. I was fortunate to work for Prince during the time he was using a symbol as his name O(+> and even though we all called him Prince, he used Prince, we all without hesitation used O(+> when typing and referenced him as The Artist when talking with those outside of the circle. It was funny how it became an easy automatic response and when O(+> went back to Prince (with the media), we all felt that the circle was still cool but a little different.

My vote is the 'other forum' or 'sister forum' or 'D------I------' keeps with tradition Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • cookderosa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Forum hsufeng 7 893 04-23-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Post formatting settings ? Chimera 2 420 03-19-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I missed this forum 2L8 1 1,052 03-07-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  For Sale: Post Graduate University bjcheung77 5 1,123 05-30-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Pretentious Post-Nominal Letters jamshid666 5 2,745 09-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Can we disable necroposting on this forum? udi 19 2,656 04-12-2019, 07:13 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  US Masters CBE While Traveling Abroad[Long Post] yb1 7 2,711 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost sgloer 46 11,482 08-15-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  update forum software to vbulletin v4.2.1 BrandeX 0 1,611 05-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: BrandeX
  Link to Degree Forum Wiki jmeitrem 5 3,060 05-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: zapproximator