Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does TESU charge a residency waiver fee?
davewill Wrote:It's not THAT silly. A residency "waiver" does sound silly. If residency matters to them, why accept money to "waive" it? Might be better to call it "minimum tuition" or something like that. To be honest, I don't discuss details like that when I'm talking to someone who isn't actually interested in pursuing TESU themselves. Especially if their motivation is to pick holes in my degree.

Same here. I would just say I have to make a $2k tuition payment. That's really what it is and when you put it that way, it sounds pretty darn cheap. Which it is, all things considered.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
cookderosa Wrote:____

Part 2 - get a second or third job, save that cash yourself and never discuss college costs with them again. When people give you money, they feel entitled to share their opinions about how you spend that money (and in this case WHERE). You know who doesn't have an opinion? People you don't tell things to or ask money from. Wink

Cut the umbilical cord. If you want people to be excited, share your concerns and joys, worry with, plan with, and talk to - come here. This community will support you.

Good post.

I do want to add I have paid for my entire degree myself and have not accepted any money from anyone. Minus scholarships and pel grants from brick and mortar community college. I put aside the 2 grand months ago awaiting graduation.

Frankly, I just wanted to know why.

In no way am I complaining.

And you are right at the end of the day it's people like cooked and others on this forum that make it such a magical place. Where you can truly go from deadend job to having a lot going on for yourself.
yb1 Wrote:Good post.

I do want to add I have paid for my entire degree myself and have not accepted any money from anyone. Minus scholarships and pel grants from brick and mortar community college. I put aside the 2 grand months ago awaiting graduation.

And you are right at the end of the day it's people like cooked and others on this forum that make it such a magical place. Where you can truly go from deadend job to having a lot going on for yourself.

Glad you found us. :grouphug:
yb1 Wrote:Good post.

Glad you found us. :grouphug:

P.S. Rebel, fix our emojis! LOL
I think we talked about this in a post a while ago. Give up on explaining this stuff to people, friends, family or otherwise. If someone expresses actual interest in getting a degree this way, then by all means, give them some info. But for the rest, give up. It's just better for your state of mind. "Those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still."
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Sophiarmz
I wanted to say, but forgot, that this..

yb1 Wrote:it has the same accreditation as the University of Virginia.

... sounds (to me) much less impressive than saying that the share accreditation with Carnegie Mellon, Columbia, Cornell, Johns Hopkins, or one of the many others.

Everything else aside, if you want to use schools as examples, there are more universally impressive options than UV.. well unless your family are UV alumni or something.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CATL reveals ‘Superfast Charging Battery,’ boasts 250 mi range with 10-min charge LevelUP 6 852 02-15-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU (and, probably others) Transcript High_Order1 3 1,121 05-13-2018, 12:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  I sure hope TESU advising is having a good break, because they are going to freak... eriehiker 15 3,559 01-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  TESU Haiku High_Order1 2 1,278 01-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  TESU Mobile App Now Available for Students mvk 0 1,244 11-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Last Post: mvk
  USAJOBS and TESU Transcript Issue yb1 9 2,240 09-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Jehan48
  one of us in Summer 2016 TESU Invention mag cookderosa 24 3,418 07-30-2016, 11:04 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Who is in charge? STG 6 1,411 03-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Last Post: PonyGirl93