Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is study.com screwing over it's long-standing customers?
When study.com was education portal way back when and I was using it almost 4 years ago, I was able to purchase a plan and kept the grandfather clause. Well, after deciding to home school my child, I thought we could use study.com for math and some language arts curriculum. When I am logged in and go to my account page, upgrading to the premium edition is 99.99 per month. However, if I log out of my account and view the plan page as someone who has never used study.com before, the same plan is 69.99 per month. The teacher plan is 59.99 per month if you are a new customer and $124.99 per month if I were to try and upgrade from my active account.

This goes way beyond offering an incentive for new customers. This is a HUGE difference in price over the course of several years. That would be an extra $360.00 per year if I don't just go open a new account.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
soliloquy Wrote:When study.com was education portal way back when and I was using it almost 4 years ago, I was able to purchase a plan and kept the grandfather clause. Well, after deciding to home school my child, I thought we could use study.com for math and some language arts curriculum. When I am logged in and go to my account page, upgrading to the premium edition is 99.99 per month. However, if I log out of my account and view the plan page as someone who has never used study.com before, the same plan is 69.99 per month. The teacher plan is 59.99 per month if you are a new customer and $124.99 per month if I were to try and upgrade from my active account.

This goes way beyond offering an incentive for new customers. This is a HUGE difference in price over the course of several years. That would be an extra $360.00 per year if I don't just go open a new account.

You should call them- that's a big difference. Ask for the new customer price.
I sent them a message through my account.

cookderosa Wrote:You should call them- that's a big difference. Ask for the new customer price.

That's what I would recommend as well, is to contact them and ask for a better price, not just the new customer price.
Hopefully they're reading your thread and making decisions to make it better for you in the end.

soliloquy Wrote:I sent them a message through my account.

Another option is, if the courses are not used for credit, is to continue with the "cheaper subscription" and then use
the "new customer price or cheaper" option for extra features, it'll be cheaper than what they currently offer you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:That's what I would recommend as well, is to contact them and ask for a better price, not just the new customer price.
Hopefully they're reading your thread and making decisions to make it better for you in the end.

Another option is, if the courses are not used for credit, is to continue with the "cheaper subscription" and then use
the "new customer price or cheaper" option for extra features, it'll be cheaper than what they currently offer you.

I've contacted them by email. I'll call them as well. I would like the extra features so I can keep track of his progress and use some of the supplemental worksheets, final exams, etc.

Hi Soliloquy, This is Study.com. I hope we've resolved your issue for you but if there is anything else we can do, please reach out again to support@study.com and we'll take care of it right away.

soliloquy Wrote:I've contacted them by email. I'll call them as well. I would like the extra features so I can keep track of his progress and use some of the supplemental worksheets, final exams, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humans may be fueling global warming by breathing: new study LevelUP 9 583 02-21-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  Study.Com student or teacher login? acamp 6 756 03-29-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: acamp
  Is Genocide Ok as Long as It Makes Everyone Happy? LevelUP 7 1,088 06-12-2022, 08:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question how to study for exam Imbanewbie 3 1,603 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Commute to work - how long? cookderosa 9 1,789 01-16-2019, 06:06 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  US vs foreign tech workers (moved from Study.com New CS Courses) armstrongsubero 17 2,404 12-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Study abroad burbuja0512 9 2,102 11-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Hunger And Homelessness Are Widespread Among College Students, Study Finds allvia 2 1,862 04-05-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Study of Georgia Tech OMSCS shows solid success davewill 2 1,539 03-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: davewill
  US Masters CBE While Traveling Abroad[Long Post] yb1 7 2,674 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512