Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone else ended up with a ridiculous amount of college credits?
Thanks for taking the extra time to clarify. Did not take offense at all from your initial post. I have zero experience with Patten or WGU at this point. April 1st I will make my decision on which school to attend for my MBA. Funny thing is that I noticed your signature some time back:

Patten University 2015
27 credits, 5 months
Mostly upper-level psychology courses
(would not recommend)

but I never clicked the link - assumed it was in reference to how hard you worked to accomplish 27 credits in 5 months. Bummer you had a bad experience but with all things, great to see you came out on top in the end!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I'm now at 185.5 credits + 12 graduate credits. By the time I finish my BSBA I'll be way over the 200 mark. Must admit that if I was starting again now, I wouldn't have bothered with the BSBA and gone straight onto MBA, after taking the prereqs. I think I just floundered around a bit last year, taking random exams without a clue what I was doing. Am moving to the US and so knew I needed a business degree of some kind as they're so commonly asked for there. So close to finishing my BSBA now though that I might as well continue.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University
UptonSinclair Wrote:I have 217 undergraduate credits and will be completing another 33 to finish my second bachelor's degree. Far too many of those credits are alternative. If I were starting over, I would do many things different.

Rereading this thread and wondering what specifically you'd change/do differently if you were starting over?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:I am at a measly 131 credits, with another 6 credits currently in progress. Oh and over 20 some FEMA credits which don't do anything for my current degree plans.

Up to 143, with 12 UL SocSci credits still needed/in progress, and finally the 3 cr Capstone, making a total of around 158 when I graduate (plus the FEMA).

Then I'm "supposed" to take a break, lol.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
OK, I guess I'll have to put my foot on overdrive and get past that "triple digit" credit mark... as i'm a little pooped seeing myself in the double digits. :toetap:
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
225 for me.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Mamasaphire Wrote:Rereading this thread and wondering what specifically you'd change/do differently if you were starting over?

I am sorry about the late reply. I haven't been on the forums for quite a while.

If I were starting over, I would spend a couple of years building a strong foundation in math courses. Over the last few years I have allowed my lack of math skills to divert my goals multiple times. I would spend all of my time building math skills until I was ready to start Calculus I my first semester of college work. Only then would I begin my official college curriculum. While my children were growing up I told them to finish the "worst firs" when it came to chores, but when I started college I didn't follow my own advice and avoided math like the plague. I allowed my fear of math to mangle my education. Give the opportunity to start over, I would have attempted to complete a computer engineering degree. At my age, the time and cost is not a wise use of resources.

In addition, I would limit alternative sources of credit to less than 30 semester hours outside my major or any courses that support my major. With my first bachelor's degree, I find myself making excuses for the large number of credits from sources like Straighterline, Aleks, CLEP, and DSST.

Finally, I would slow down. I was in such a hurry to finish my first degree that I made poor choices in schools, courses, and testing options. I am now working on a second Bachelor's degree in Computer Science that I could have been much closer to completing had I made better choices.

Thankfully, I can afford to pay for my courses without relying on my first degree for income. For many, the poor choices I made could have been devastating.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU UL for dual enrollment credits IReallyNeedADegree 15 1,321 07-14-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,285 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College of Golf Alpha 5 676 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 897 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,452 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  College of Winterhold Alpha 1 516 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 876 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Bullying in College , What do I do next? 2L8 15 11,740 06-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: stephaniesmith44
  Has anyone taken a math course at community college? picgirl27 2 697 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: picgirl27
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,079 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az