Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is this a violation of academic integrity?
(05-28-2021, 08:39 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm going to guess that if you went to a RA or NA school, then you should disclose that; if you took courses through Coursera (or any other alt provider) that's not actually worth college credit, then you don't have to.

The reason you have to send a transcript is because of FERPA - they can't just go to a previous school and ask for your records, those are private.  Now, the fact that you owe money to the school is NOT private I don't think, so they can disclose that.  Unpaid student loan debt will be out there somewhere.  But your actual grades and whatnot, nope.

FERPA does not apply here.  When you apply to a school, FERPA would allow for sharing of records between institutions.  It is the same with K-12 schools.  Requesting records has been part of my job for almost 10 years.  The institution would just need to know where you attended.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
It also helps other schools collect unpaid fees and tuition. If your new school requires all your previous transcripts, you're stuck until you pay your debt to the other school.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(05-28-2021, 08:54 PM)davewill Wrote: It also helps other schools collect unpaid fees and tuition. If your new school requires all your previous transcripts, you're stuck until you pay your debt to the other school.

Ooohhh.  That is a sneaky trick. LOL.  Private schools try that in K-12 schools but public schools have to take students.  So they have to muddle through if they can’t get records.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

When in doubt, ask. I applied to a school last year and they said I needed a transcript for a school I didn't even remember taking a class from. Once the transcript was processed I could see what I took. I signed up for like 5 classes and dropped all but 1. I don't remember any of it! It was from almost 20 years ago. So they didn't give me a hard time. I truly don't remember it at all. Coursera isn't for credit so that's not something you include.
Another reason you want to send your transcripts is because they have a "brief snapshot" of what you have and schools you have attended, they don't have the full picture - meaning, they don't know the grades and courses you have taken, etc - this is whatever info they have in the verification system on the National Student Clearing House. So, I usually recommend sending anything that has been graded from a school/institution to them. Anything from a course provider, if it's not affiliated or articulated, there is no reason to unless you want the extra brownie points to get into a semi competitive program.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(05-29-2021, 11:26 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Another reason you want to send your transcripts is because they have a "brief snapshot" of what you have and schools you have attended, they don't have the full picture - meaning, they don't know the grades and courses you have taken, etc - this is whatever info they have in the verification system on the National Student Clearing House.  So, I usually recommend sending anything that has been graded from a school/institution to them.  Anything from a course provider, if it's not affiliated or articulated, there is no reason to unless you want the extra brownie points to get into a semi competitive program.

As someone who is doing ENEB, would you include that if you were applying to a new program somewhere?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote Proctoring deemed illegal as violation of 4th amendment rights? MNomadic 45 3,159 08-26-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Harvard Extension's new online Academic Gap Year and undergrad certificates DIGI-212 4 1,473 06-26-2020, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Stoic
  First Sophia credit, academic level? how in compare other courses SweetsugarNL 6 2,379 07-26-2019, 11:59 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Advice: Trying to Earn Bachelors After Academic Disqualification. iahuerta 4 1,594 10-30-2018, 07:31 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU - Best Academic Advisor? Toastmaster 14 3,487 10-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 5 2,439 03-30-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Academic Evaluation errors? Fortune212 11 1,487 11-14-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Academic References - Grad School Applications mednat 2 682 04-29-2015, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  TESC Academic Evaluation help please shanekarp 1 811 04-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Last Post: shanekarp
  Just got my academic eval from TESC. Need Help. tango 9 1,059 07-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Last Post: tango