Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will COSC accepts my foreign credits as Non-Ace credits?
As most of you know, recently COSC changes the rules, and the 90-ACE/30 Non ACE credits is the most polemic change.

Now I'm looking more to the side of EC, but I don't rule out COSC entirely, specially because of lower prices.

The problem is to collect the 30 non-ACE credits.

My queston is, will they take my 19 foreign credits as non-ACE credits??

Because if so I can get the others with ASU.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
You'll want to ask admissions, but when you do make sure they ask the Registrar to confirm what they're telling you is accurate.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 2 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • cecilgambe7, ss20ts
(07-21-2020, 06:15 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: You'll want to ask admissions, but when you do make sure they ask the Registrar to confirm what they're telling you is accurate.

And get it in writing! Even if it's an email. You have an electronic paper trail. this way.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • cecilgambe7, SteveFoerster
Thank you for both replies.

I write a mail to them and i am waiting for the reply now...

The COSC internet information don't specifies if those 30 credits are just non-ACE credits or any U.S. Credits...
(07-22-2020, 09:18 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: Thank you for both replies.

The COSC internet information don't specifies if those 30 credits are just non-ACE credits or any U.S. Credits...

It specifies "regionally accredited", which is more restrictive either than "non-ACE" or "any U.S. credits". 

The only unknown here is whether credit from a foreign institution that's evaluated as being the equivalent to regionally accredited counts. I look forward to finding out what they tell you!

(07-22-2020, 10:17 AM)SteveFoerster Wrote:

It specifies "regionally accredited", which is more restrictive either than "non-ACE" or "any U.S. credits". 

The only unknown here is whether credit from a foreign institution that's evaluated as being the equivalent to regionally accredited counts. I look forward to finding out what they tell you!

Actually you are right.

Well, if my foreign credits are not accepted to fil the 30 Non-ACE RA credits, i think the difference in price of getting those 30 credits in RA institutions will exceed the price difference between EC and COSC... so i will discard COSC...
(07-22-2020, 11:33 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:

Actually you are right.

Well, if my foreign credits are not accepted to fil the 30 Non-ACE RA credits, i think the difference in price of getting those 30 credits in RA institutions will exceed the price difference between EC and COSC... so i will discard COSC...

Bear in mind that TECEP and UExcel exams are not expensive and (I believe) can be done at home, and they do count towards the regionally accredited requirement because they're run by regionally accredited institutions.

(07-22-2020, 12:41 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 11:33 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:

Actually you are right.

Bear in mind that TECEP and UExcel exams are not expensive and (I believe) can be done at home, and they do count towards the regionally accredited requirement because they're run by regionally accredited institutions.

UExcel exams have to be taken at a Pearson testing facility. I looked at them when I was debating Excelsior. Last time I looked, all Pearson testing sites are closed due to COVID. There was something about they would not be offered online either which is silly. It's 2020.
This is a valid option to keep considering COSC.

If i only take the UEXCE exam i finally pay about the same that a study.com course (Study.com 1 course for 100$; UEXCE exam 1 course for 110$)

Did i need to pay extra for Pearson services or it is including in the UEXCE fee??
There's a fee for Pearson as well. You also have to go to their testing centers. If you're not in the US, I'm not sure if that's possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,678 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,283 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,641 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,161 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,619 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso