Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will COSC accepts my foreign credits as Non-Ace credits?
Omg i hope this will work!
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
Dont see why not. If its equivalent to RA US courses- it covers the requirement. Thats why we make evaluation- equate your courses to RA credits or not.
(08-16-2020, 02:33 AM)daharamu Wrote: I'm a student at COSC and am in the same boat as you. I remember reading that foreign credit must be transferred through ECE or WES, so I asked the school about it and they replied:

"If you have your foreign credits evaluated through ECE or WES and it is deemed that the University has the equivalent of US regional accreditation, then the courses are transferable. Because they would have been earned at an Institution with the equivalent of US Regional Accreditation, they would be treated the same as credits from a US School and won’t be limited according to the policy you are referring to. That policy applies to course providers that are NOT colleges and are not subject to the standards of accreditation."

The policy I was referring to was the 90-ACE credit rule, and it looks like credits evaluated through ECE or WES don't apply to this, so good news it looks like! Big Grin

Dear Daharamu, thank you for your reply, this is actually the best new i could have received.

They never reply my e-mail and i also ask on chat and they told me that even if i transfer credits from international university i need to fil the 30-US credits request, but as people say all the time, in big 3 advice changes acording to who you ask and people who works in the universities actually don't know anything.

The current information in the website states: (source: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php)

Credentials and credits from non-U.S. colleges must be evaluated by a recognized agency prior to review by Charter Oak. The College requires a course-by-course assessment in order to perform a transfer credit evaluation. Charter Oak recognizes the following agencies: Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). Institutions awarding credits outside the U.S. must be deemed to have the equivalent of U.S. regional accreditation in order for the credits to be transferable. If the rigor and content of the courses cannot be easily determined by the evaluator, the student may have to provide additional materials (syllabi, etc.) in order to have the course(s) appropriately evaluated for transfer. If a student has his/her credentials evaluated by more than one service, only one evaluation can be submitted and reviewed for transfer credit. In all cases, a student must earn a minimum of 30 U.S. credits for a bachelor's degree or 15 credits for an associate degree.

For me and under my interpretation, this confuse paragraph means that international credits must be equivalen to U.S. RA credits in order to be transferible, but in the other hand you need to get a minimun of 30 "U.S. credits" -credits earned in US- in order to finish the degree.

You new information changes this interpretation. I think international credits are actually U.S. RA credits once ECE or WES acredite them.

Anyway i think COSC must change this paragraph so it does not lead to confusion.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cecilgambe7's post:
  • daharamu
If ECE/ WES evaluate your credits as US RA equivalent then your credits are considered US RA credits. There is no way you can interpret it other way.
(08-16-2020, 09:19 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: If ECE/ WES evaluate your credits as US RA equivalent then your credits are considered US RA credits. There is no way you can interpret it other way.

Now everything is clearer and COSC was once again an option.

I'm so happy with this.
Yes just get ECE/WES evaluation, prepare payment for Bachelor , transfer credits and you are ready to go.

Its really great news
(08-16-2020, 09:58 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Yes just get ECE/WES evaluation,   prepare payment for Bachelor , transfer credits and you are ready to go.

Its really great news

I still need some extra credits to fil the demand, just 2 more courses that i will do with ASU.
Does any one have IT degree plan for COSC?
(08-16-2020, 10:13 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Does any one have IT degree plan for COSC?

Akr680 recenty finish IT at COSC, he share his papers in this post:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...CE-credits

He use international courses for it, anyway this info is from before COSC main recent changes.
(08-16-2020, 11:20 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 10:13 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Does any one have IT degree plan for COSC?

Akr680 recenty finish IT at COSC, he share his papers in this post:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...CE-credits

We use international courses for it, anyway this info is from before COSC main recent changes.
Thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,679 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,284 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,641 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,161 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,619 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso