Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will TESC reject me?
I graduated High School when I was sixteen and immediately started taking some classes at a local community college. I was in a pretty bad place in life, and overwhelmed with everything. As a result, I received an F, a couple As, two or three Bs, and a C or two. I know thats terrible. banghead Its been several years since then(six to be exact). Since then, I have taken several CLEP and DSST exams, and I'm currently enrolled in a StraighterLine course. I know none of these things help my GPA problem. I'm just concerned that TESC won't accept me due to my past performance. Should I try to enroll in some other classes to help my GPA? What are TESC's GPA requirements for admission?

I can't remember all of the classes I have taken, and their exact grades.
Of course, I will be ordering the transcripts and having them sent to TESC.

Thank you.
Txcell Wrote:I graduated High School when I was sixteen and immediately started taking some classes at a local community college. I was in a pretty bad place in life, and overwhelmed with everything. As a result, I received an F, a couple As, two or three Bs, and a C or two. I know thats terrible. banghead Its been several years since then(six to be exact). Since then, I have taken several CLEP and DSST exams, and I'm currently enrolled in a StraighterLine course. I know none of these things help my GPA problem. I'm just concerned that TESC won't accept me due to my past performance. Should I try to enroll in some other classes to help my GPA? What are TESC's GPA requirements for admission?

Thank you.

Highly doubtful. I wouldn't worry about it. I'd be shocked if they denyed you, many of the other posts I've seen had much worse GPAs. Don't beat yourself up, TESC is a place for those of us who have a less than perfect academic history.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Txcell Wrote:I graduated High School when I was sixteen and immediately started taking some classes at a local community college. I was in a pretty bad place in life, and overwhelmed with everything. As a result, I received an F, a couple As, two or three Bs, and a C or two. I know thats terrible. banghead Its been several years since then(six to be exact). Since then, I have taken several CLEP and DSST exams, and I'm currently enrolled in a StraighterLine course. I know none of these things help my GPA problem. I'm just concerned that TESC won't accept me due to my past performance. Should I try to enroll in some other classes to help my GPA? What are TESC's GPA requirements for admission?

Thank you.

TESC will not reject you, TESC is an open enrollment institution- meaning anyone meeting their admissions criteria can enroll. Thomas Edison State College: Applying is easy and can be done 24/7 through our online application and no ACT or SAT scores are required to apply

Thank you.

You'll be fine. Just make sure you have a 2.0 GPA when you graduate and you're good. Besides, it's only one F. If getting Fs your freshman year was a deal breaker, there would be many more homeless people then there are today.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Yeah, an F isn't a deal-breaker for TESC. They took me, and I had somewhere between one and three (AMU used to do some funny stuff with their intro to chemistry...had an overarching course, and then the basic course and lab were broken up inside it with their own grades. Played havoc with TA while I was in.)
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,590 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,419 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,161 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,958 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,297 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,744 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,701 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,150 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,778 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,944 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77