Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will TESC take 35 year old credits?
I finally got up the nerve and sent for my transcript from Middlesex county college. I took classes there in 1972-73. I attempted a total of 18 redits. I am embarrased to say I did not remember much except I had not done well.

I was 18 years old fresh out of high school married and going to nursing school full time. The Nursing school sent us to MCC for some classes.

I got a C in Anat & Phys I course # BIO-111 that should transfer 4 credits. Then I got a C in Physical Science SCI -101 I am hoping that does not duplicate my General chemistry I and will be 4 more credits.
Then I got a D in Anat & Phys II BIO-112, will TESC give me those 4 credits??
I failed Microbiology and got a D in sociology. I have already taken the Soc CLEP and will probably try the Micro ECE(that would be my 1st ECE).

My question is will TESC give me credit for the D and is it worth taking these credits and having them bring down my current 3.49 GPA?
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Linda if your GPA is important to you then I would just let it go. It's not worth having your GPA go down. Do the math on your GPA and figure it out. You will have to get alot of A's to cover that one up. At this point in your life what is 3 or 4 more tests????
For myself would not let anything get in the way of my GPA I like to keep them in good order.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Hey Linda!

I browsed through TESC's catalog and on page 109, it doesn't state whether or not they will accept credits over a certain period or not. All it says is the following:

"Thomas Edison State College will accept in transfer all courses applicable to a selected degree program providing that credit applies to the degree requirements and is earned at an institution accredited by one of the following regional accrediting agencies."

Then it goes on to list the 6 accrediting institutions.

I would suggest you call the admissions office and hear it straight from them.

Chat with ya later.

From a loyal degree seeker,

Marshall
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
They will not accept the D's, you might be able to get credit for your two C's though.
not only they should accept it but they should congratulate you for having the courage to finally take that step ! go for it, try even your D you never know they might give credit for it as a pass/fail based on your case Wink always remember that its excatly for the people like you that a school like TESC has been founded !

good luck! Wink
TESC DOES transfer in D's.
Big Grin They took all of my 35 year old credits. I now have 76 credits toward my BA and my GPA is still 3.02 so 1 or 2 good classes will make it fine. I can't beleive they gave me credit for an intro to sociology course and the Intro to Sociology CLEP. I am so excited, I can't wait to finish my BA now it just seems so much more reachable.

Thank You all for your support and encouragement.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Wow, my mistake! When EC became Title IV (eligible for financial aid, same as TESC), they had to stop accepting D's.
I'm shocked. TESC did not take my D's when I transferred my credits.
TESC - BSBA - Computer Information Systems
S.H. Required – 120
S.H. Applied – 109.3
S.H. Remaining – 10.7

Transferred Credits
Winona St. University – 9.3
Kean College – 37
Chubb Institute – 16

TESC Taken
Eng Comp I (OL) – A
Eng Comp II (TECEP) – Pass
Bus. Law (OL) – A
Quant. Business Analysis (OL) – A
Business Letter & Report Writing I (PLA) - Pass
Int. to Photography (OL) - B+ :ack:
Statistics (OL) - A
Business in Soc. (PLA) - Pass
Database Mgmt (OL) - A
File Mgmt (PLA) - Pass

TESC Planned
Principles of Managerial Accounting (OL) – May '10
Business Policy (OL) – Jan '11

CLEP/DSST Exams
Principles of Marketing – 76
Principles of Management – Aug '10
Microeconomics - 63

Penn Foster
Structured Systems Analysis – July ‘08 - A
System Design - July '08 - A
Principles of Finance (OL) – June '10
I am really surprised they not only took D's, but 35 year old D's. I'm not sure I could tell you anything I learned in A & P at this point, but I have 8 credits in it.hilarious hilarious
Linda

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,106 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,263 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,688 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,835 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,907 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,602 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,373 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,794 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,936 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim