Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degrees and certs at the same time, TESU
Ideas Wrote:Now that I think about it, if COSC is only saving me 5 courses (15 credits) then it's clearly more expensive. If I have to pay a residency waiver to COSC and not pay another to TESU. The courses/exams are mostly about $100 each. Needing UL could cause more expense or scheduling issues.

COSC doesn't have a residency waiver.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:COSC doesn't have a residency waiver.

Well, I mean the big fees. The per-semester student services fee, and cornerstone too.

The way they do second degrees would make it extra annoying....I think the AA using lots of history courses and the bsba is the way to go. I would love to have an actual degree in history, but its so much of a hassle!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:The way they do second degrees would make it extra annoying....I think the AA using lots of history courses and the bsba is the way to go. I would love to have an actual degree in history, but its so much of a hassle!

**Ding Ding Ding** That's what I think so too! So, it's a ASNSM Biology for me.
I would go for a BA Biology but too many Biology classes that I can't take online *sigh*.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I wanted to go for that also, but the darn bio 2 lab Undecided

Im a couple hours away from a c.c.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

bjcheung77 Wrote:**Ding Ding Ding** That's what I think so too! So, it's a ASNSM Biology for me.
I would go for a BA Biology but too many Biology classes that I can't take online *sigh*.

Did you decide what you're doing for Biology II Lab?

Ideas Wrote:Did you decide what you're doing for Biology II Lab?

It's strange that Rio Salado, who has both Chem II and Physics II, doesn't have Bio II.

NMJC does have Bio II, but they do the regular semester-system, and they don't offer it for the Summer. But at least you know it's available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:NMJC does have Bio II, but they do the regular semester-system, and they don't offer it for the Summer. But at least you know it's available.

Oh no. I was thinking of going with them. Fall won't work because I need things done Oct 1st for Dec graduation.

I'm sure there is something online. I just don't know if there's anything under $350 (w/lab materials).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,980 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,661 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,107 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,645 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,346 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,594 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,324 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,377 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore