Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the TESU Changes....
With the TESU Changes that are happening July 1st....

What is the better option for a BSBA with an Associate's with a core of Business Classes out of the way?

When I had my degree plan looked at on this forum back before my Summer busy season, it looked like TESU was about a $1,000 more, but, potentially quicker.

Here's my dilemma - my job *may* run out soon, and, I may have the option for another one at some point..but, it would likely require a degree.

I was thinking, given the changes at TESU on July 1st, I could go ahead and apply and "start the ball rolling" before then if I needed to.

I'd like to save $1,000, but, time may be more of a premium.  

I have a business outside of work that, 2 years ago, I took time away from to finish my A.S., and it cost me quite bit in missed earnings.  

Just trying to see what the best option is.

Thanks - you guys are great!

Jeremy
(06-18-2019, 10:49 AM)jeremyeugenejames Wrote: With the TESU Changes that are happening July 1st....

What is the better option for a BSBA with an Associate's with a core of Business Classes out of the way?

When I had my degree plan looked at on this forum back before my Summer busy season, it looked like TESU was about a $1,000 more, but, potentially quicker.

Here's my dilemma - my job *may* run out soon, and, I may have the option for another one at some point..but, it would likely require a degree.

I was thinking, given the changes at TESU on July 1st, I could go ahead and apply and "start the ball rolling" before then if I needed to.

I have a business outside of work that, 2 years ago, I took time away from to finish my A.S., and it cost me quite bit in missed earnings.  

Jeremy
There are others much more knowledgeable and can give a more detailed answer, but of the big three Charter Oak State College is going to be your cheapest option. Cheaper yet would be finishing your bachelors through Western Governors University...if you can finish in one term, WGU is also the faster option.
(06-18-2019, 11:24 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 10:49 AM)jeremyeugenejames Wrote: With the TESU Changes that are happening July 1st....

Jeremy
There are others much more knowledgeable and can give a more detailed answer, but of the big three Charter Oak State College is going to be your cheapest option. Cheaper yet would be finishing your bachelors through Western Governors University...if you can finish in one term, WGU is also the faster option.

Unfortunately, I don't know if I can finish that fast if I had to test out. I was thinking that Study.com and CLEP would give me quicker credits.
I would do all the courses for general education first, then work towards courses that will go to both schools. Decide on the school when you reach junior or senior level (90 credits or so). Just don't stall and think too much...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-18-2019, 12:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would do all the courses for general education first, then work towards courses that will go to both schools.  Decide on the school when you reach junior or senior level (90 credits or so).  Just don't stall and think too much...

Is it too late to try to get into TESU?  I just think that I read that SOS-110 will be an extra $1000 or so.

I just wondered if it would make sense to enroll right away.

And, you're right - I over think things way too much.
It's not too late, I would apply and send in transcripts right away to get into the 2019a catalog. Just in case there are some slight changes that are not as favorable as the 2019a version. Hopefully the 2019/2020 catalog has "easier" prerequisites or requirements, if that does happen, just get them to change you to the newer catalog year.

The SOS-110 is an extra $1125 with the Study.com discount. I would apply right away, enrolling would be up to you. Transferring your credits will show you where you're at. How many credits do you have so far? List your courses and grades, or add a spreadsheet so we can "estimate" how many credits you may have and what you need to work on...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-18-2019, 12:27 PM)jeremyeugenejames Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 12:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would do all the courses for general education first, then work towards courses that will go to both schools.  Decide on the school when you reach junior or senior level (90 credits or so).  Just don't stall and think too much...

Is it too late to try to get into TESU?  I just think that I read that SOS-110 will be an extra $1000 or so.

I just wondered if it would make sense to enroll right away.

And, you're right - I over think things way too much.

It doesn't matter if you apply now or later, you will still have to do SOS-110, because they no longer offer TES-100, which was the only way to get that out of the way.  You're taking SOS-110 no matter what.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Just decide on a school and apply. With the big three making changes we didn't expect, you should choose a school, formulate a plan and go at it.

The longer you wait the more likely things are to be unfavorable for you.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

This is not a good way to go if you haven't decided on which school: TESU has completely different requirements than COSC, and both are completely different than WGU.  You really do have to decide sooner rather than later.

I've been spending some time looking at making the switch from TESU to COSC for different people, I've looked at 30+ degrees (BALS and BSBA), and only on about 4 times has it made it shorter or the same once someone is already on the TESU path (different than someone just coming in with credits from different places).  None of those 4 were BSBA's - with that, every single one I looked at was going to take between 4-7 extra courses to get the BSBA at COSC.  You really just need to look at the schools and degrees (and costs) and decide now - and then get started.

All 3 schools are probably a similar speed, if you're comparing apples-to-apples (completing 114cr and then enrolling at TESU or COSC, or completing 90cr and then enrolling at WGU).  So really, it's about the degree requirements, and the costs.

TESU is ~$8500 starting from scratch; COSC is about $6500 starting from scratch; and WGU is about $6500 starting from scratch, if you use the same pricing for courses.  All of this assumes $100/course, which can go down considerably if you use CLEP/ModernStates, Saylor, OD, coupons, etc.; and it assumes that tuition won't go up for any of these schools, which is a crapshoot.

And yes, you can get the WGU costs down by taking fewer credits ahead of time, but you already said you didn't think you could do that, so I left it out of the equation.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I agree with dfrecore. Decide sooner than later. Choose a school and start working.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 573 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 423 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,041 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,077 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,967 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,303 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial aid for ACE credits ---> TESU? CourtneyBrooke 11 1,382 01-31-2022, 04:36 PM
  "My Valuable, Cheap College Degree" from Athur Brooks, TESU grad now Harvard Prof mahaganapati 10 2,780 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 873 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 952 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack