Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Withdrew from Excelsior!
I decided to withdrawal from Excelsior. I had enough credits and credits in the right places to earn a Liberal Arts degree after the capstone. I could have a couple of different focuses.

But for two reasons I decided not to take the capstone . The registration for spring II ends on the 24th, that was when I had planned to sign up for the capstone.

The first is "just" a liberal arts degree may not be ideal for me. It may meet minimum requirements but we things being so competitive I may do better with an actual major. I have already been questions about my general studies assoicate degree before. People didn't seem to understand. ("I see you have an Associate of Science in General Studies. What was your major?" :p) If I go through Thomas Edison more options open up. If I could get stats a lot more options open up. So when I'm ready I think I'll look into to Thomas Edison and even Charter Oak.

The second reason is my job. I'm now confined to a cubical doing first reviews of drug tests before they get sent to toxicologists for certification. Up here there are strict rules. I'm not allowed to be out of my chair for more than 15 mins during my shift. They watch the cameras to see how long we take getting coffee, smoking, bathroom breaks, vending machine break, etc.. So when I get home I don't exactly feel like sitting in front of a computer or sitting at all. I was accustomed to a position where I was on my feet in the lab and had more goof off time. :p

I wanted to post this update since I have been posting here since the summer. I would like to thank everyone for their help! I plan on being back probably in the fall.
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Definitely smart to reevaluate! Thanks for the update!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I get it. I wouldn't want to sit in front of a computer either! Another option is to go the old fashioned "textbook" route. I'm studying for the Strategic Management TECEP with a used textbook ($4 on Amazon). A nice break from the computer. A lot of the TECEP's are textbook-based, and you could also look at getting the DSST and/or CLEP books to study with as well (multiple exams in each one).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
OakLakeNC Wrote:The second reason is my job. I'm now confined to a cubical doing first reviews of drug tests before they get sent to toxicologists for certification. Up here there are strict rules. I'm not allowed to be out of my chair for more than 15 mins during my shift. They watch the cameras to see how long we take getting coffee, smoking, bathroom breaks, vending machine break, etc.. So when I get home I don't exactly feel like sitting in front of a computer or sitting at all. I was accustomed to a position where I was on my feet in the lab and had more goof off time. :p

Well that sounds like a great reason for a new job, if a different degree helps then by all means do it
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will Sophia automatically send transcripts to Excelsior? browniebo 2 716 08-24-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: browniebo
  Transfer Credits to Excelsior BALS rrenzo8519 9 1,474 11-18-2021, 03:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior Coopersmith UL rzig 5 1,362 08-06-2021, 03:15 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Excelsior & UL ss20ts 10 1,913 05-21-2020, 09:26 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  New to Forum - Looking for quick A.S. "Anything" Excelsior, TESU, COSC? xicovu 9 1,681 02-11-2020, 09:30 AM
Last Post: allvia
  intro to computers study.com Excelsior dfwdegree 9 1,993 12-22-2019, 02:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Shmoop statistic to Cosc or Excelsior ? SweetsugarNL 6 1,304 08-16-2019, 12:58 PM
Last Post: bethanyneedsajob
  Excelsior alternative course gams007 1 1,064 07-21-2019, 02:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Excelsior UL courses Tekky 4 6,015 06-25-2019, 07:50 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Looking for logistics courses for a BS in Business from Excelsior jumpstart 13 2,240 06-16-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: jumpstart