Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo Hoo - First ALEKS Completed
Wow.. having spent hours of my life working in ALEKS (and then finally deciding to do the CLEP instead), I can really respect your accomplishment!!

Great job, that was no easy task!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
So I signed up with ACE and paid the $40 to have it sent. Trigger happy I guess!!!

I'm going to give the Biz Stats a pop now. Hopefully this one won't take 2 months!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Simon
Congrats and good luck!! Confusedeeya:
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
How long did it take you to complete it and how many hours, on average, were you putting in per week? Just curious!

Congrats :hurray:
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:How long did it take you to complete it and how many hours, on average, were you putting in per week? Just curious!

Before starting ALEKS Intro to Stats, I had seen completion times of 40-70 hours; that range was accurate for me.

I also enjoyed watching "Against All Odds" videos (13 hours) at learner.org, which put the topics into context.

I also bought the Idiot's Guide for additional reference.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Congratulations!
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:How long did it take you to complete it and how many hours, on average, were you putting in per week? Just curious!

So first I was VERY eratic. This was my first effort in my degree, so there are a lot of bad habits I need to break and new habits to learn.

All in all I think I spent about 30 hours on the whole thing. I first tested at around 40% so just needed to get the final 30% (70%) is the pass rate.

To put that in perspective - I just took the Biz Stats one and hit 54% off the bat, then spent a few hours and am up to 60%, fully intend to finish that in about a week.

It is definately long, if you don't have a stats background you will need to learn it. I *suspect* there are easier credits (and I hope so as well!!!) at least judging from the comments I see...

Just my 2 cents!

Simon
nyrsimon Wrote:So first I was VERY eratic. This was my first effort in my degree, so there are a lot of bad habits I need to break and new habits to learn.

All in all I think I spent about 30 hours on the whole thing. I first tested at around 40% so just needed to get the final 30% (70%) is the pass rate.

To put that in perspective - I just took the Biz Stats one and hit 54% off the bat, then spent a few hours and am up to 60%, fully intend to finish that in about a week.

It is definately long, if you don't have a stats background you will need to learn it. I *suspect* there are easier credits (and I hope so as well!!!) at least judging from the comments I see...

Just my 2 cents!

Simon

Wow...I tested at like 5% to start I think. Embarrassing.
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:Wow...I tested at like 5% to start I think. Embarrassing.

No it's not - it just depends on what you know already. If I took a nursing exam (or some other subject that I don't know much about) I'm sure I wouldn't get more than 1 or 2 percent...

Take the 5% and keep going. Only 65% more to go!!!

Simon
[SIZE="1"]ALEKS
Intro to Stats - 6/2010
Business Statistics - 6/2010
College Algebra - 6/2010[/SIZE]
Congrats!
Make sure you guys are printing your question explanations to a pdf for each and every question in the learning mode.
I had a folder full of about 60 pdfs when I was done and this was invaluable in taking the exams.
I completed stats in 40 long hours and the next day I took business stats and completed in about 4 hours. I got a 71% on the initial assessment since I already had all the pdfs available for 90% of the questions. I just had to work the problems slowly.

At TESC you can also get credit for college algebra and pre-calc on aleks so do those too. I used mathway.com to help out.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,161 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  finishing ALEKS? a2jc4life 2 1,009 07-25-2018, 11:52 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  TESU BSBA completed- a few tips thornoak 3 1,383 06-18-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU ASNSM in Computer Science (Math/ALEKS) question AwardTour 7 2,360 05-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  What is the fastest degree that can be completed at COSC? CountChocula 3 3,551 02-06-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Math 105 on ALEKS for TESU BALS degree CarpeDiem8 17 2,475 06-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  What aleks courses for tesu credits requirement Driel 20 3,742 05-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Driel
  ALEKS Stats and duplication at COSC BrandeX 5 1,307 04-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Can Certificates be completed with PLA? mccatm 5 1,136 04-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about taking courses for a second bachelors before the first is completed Notgodot 2 741 03-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Notgodot