Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Lit
Does anyone know if a Survey of World Lit course would satisfy the non-western lit course requirement at TESU? The syllabus for one school I'm looking at shows a combination of Asian and European literature content so I'm wondering if it would be enough since its not 100% non-western.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
rlw74 Wrote:Does anyone know if a Survey of World Lit course would satisfy the non-western lit course requirement at TESU? The syllabus for one school I'm looking at shows a combination of Asian and European literature content so I'm wondering if it would be enough since its not 100% non-western.

I would just go ahead and ask TESU. You can request a pre-approval of the course, and send in the syllabus, and see what they say.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just sent them an email. I'll see what they say. Thanks.
Any word yet? Having trouble finding any inexpensive option for this course. Does anyone know if it has to be upper level to satisfy this requirement?
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
No go.. I tried to get three or four options approved including a survey of world lit course, several shmoop courses etc. They said it has to be specifically "Non-Western Lit" or something like "African Lit", "Chinese Lit" etc. I never did find anything inexpensive.

I've also emailed study.com and shmoop to see if they will add those courses. I would have loved to get an English major but I figured it would cost an additional 1k to change from BALS.SS to an English major as I needed another month of shmoop, a study.com course and the non-western lit course...plus there was the timing issue. A lot of the "self-paced" courses still require that you space out the assignments to one a week or its a full semester option only.
Thanks for letting me know. It looks like the only option I can dig up so far is a 300 level course at BYU Independent Study called CHIN 343 Chinese Literature in Translation. Might be interesting. At any rate it's $550 which is the least expensive I can find. I would really love a Russian Lit class that's a similar format but this Chinese one may have to do.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
[-] The following 1 user Likes originalamyj's post:
  • CarpeDiem8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations for TESU's "Understanding the Physical and Natural World"? leland.kirk 7 1,856 02-15-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: davewill
Question Fulfilling the Natural World requirements: ELSADDIQ 10 1,834 02-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU Phys/Nat World: Class options and extra credit question Gymfan15 10 3,139 08-25-2017, 11:18 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - Confirmed Natural World Courses Synicaal 2 579 04-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Notgodot
  World History TECEP Review bannerfield 0 637 10-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Last Post: bannerfield
  World History TECEP - has anyone taken it? bannerfield 0 432 09-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Last Post: bannerfield
  Saylor World History vs TECEP World History hightecrebel 4 744 04-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Last Post: petergib
  World Literature TESU BA English requirement allikath 1 708 01-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Last Post: happydayruth
  TESC confirmation for Straighterline's Intro to World Religions and Business Ethics kevinmane 2 476 10-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ajs1976
  Question about World Conflicts ECE Study Guide Hanny 3 787 06-28-2015, 06:10 AM
Last Post: bricabrac