Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens if I couldnt take the TECP exam?
I've been sick these past few months and couldnt study and get around to the strategic management course I signed up for. I signed up in January..and the semester is almost over. Should I withdraw from the course or drop it or what?

I do want to take another course so I can stay enrolled. What should I do?
Wbat term are you registered? If February, the term ended April 26. If March, the term ends May 24th and yes, you should just withdraw if you do not think you will be ready to test.

I would then call the registrar to confirm even if you did not complete the TECEP exam you are still enrolled for the year. My guess is you will just receive a NC or Incomplete grade until you take the exam later. If you need to sign up for another exam right away, and this was not your final 3 residency credits, just take one of the easy ones...like public relations or computer concepts and applications. Gives you more time to slowly study for strategic management.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I accidentally missed the date on one of mine. You're out the money and get a no credit. I re-enrolled in the same exam and rewrote it. Hopefully I passed because this may count as a second attempt which I believe is the max. If you know for sure you won't write, it might be a better idea to withdraw. You'll still be out the cash but at least it won't count as an attempt.
I had the same thing happen and was able to get an extension on the test.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

GoodYellowDogs Wrote:I had the same thing happen and was able to get an extension on the test.

When were you allowed an extension? I checked a few months ago on the website and the catalog which stated TESC no longer offered the two month exam extensions. It would be nice to know that the option is still available, even if on a case by case basis.

Thomas Edison State College: TECEPÂ Policies and Contact Info
- You must test by the last day of the 12-week term in which you register. There are no extensions for TECEPÂ exams.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I wrote to the director of the testing unit and told them what happened - got an extension - it was probably 12-18 months ago.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

GoodYellowDogs Wrote:I wrote to the director of the testing unit and told them what happened - got an extension - it was probably 12-18 months ago.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It would not hurt to try for an extension. It looks as if the new policy began with the 2014-2015 catalog. I could not find the same statement in the 2013-2014 catalog.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,927 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,017 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU BSBA by exam Sparklette 5 1,650 05-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question Which TECEP exam to take with very little time to study? ELSADDIQ 6 2,451 04-03-2018, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Sparklette
  anyone passed Excelsior quantitative analysis exam? how to study? dsstmfa 1 1,668 03-31-2018, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Jsheets15
  Finance 101 : Principles of finance from study.com exam mvk 2 1,477 01-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Last Post: mvk
  Specific Exam Feedback Sparkle93 1 973 05-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Last Post: keepsingin
  Missed a Uexcel exam due to car accident, what do/can I do? vobrodrew 2 1,411 04-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  IF i take a 6 credit exam to satisfy a 3 credit requirement, can the remaining 3 coun Forgiven 7 969 11-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Last Post: embitca
  Transcripts, TESU and exam credits bghill 8 1,379 10-18-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: bghill