Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would appreciate feedback for direction
KayV Wrote:Before I forget to say this- you easily have 12 hours of 200-level social science classes in your general ed coursework that could count toward a social science major. You could take two 6-hour CLEPs (A&I Lit and Social Science and History, for example) to fill in the gen eds and move Amind 31,34, Psy 16 and 25 into your social science major classes. Then you would just focus on upper- level credits. Unfortunately, TESC no longer accepts comm college credit as upper level, but those classes should work as part of your major.

Thank you for the advise KayV I appreciate it ! I'm trying to understand the FEMA classes, can I choose any class to fill those elective slots?
You made me tear up with your kind words Tara, it was just what I needed to hear. I was lucky to have a few people encourage me along the way but it certainly hasn't been a very easy journey. These past few years of my life have been amazing though. Going to community college and doing pretty well really has helped me realize that I just might have potential! I looks forward to sharing this journey with the kind people on here! You made my day today!
I think this is the latest list of FEMA classes that TESC accepts. Also, I had another idea I sent you a PM about (check your notifications at the top of the page).
http://www.tesc.edu/degree-completion/do...review.pdf

Enjoy the feeling of cranking out a bunch of college credit at once! Smile
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
GeorgeCa Wrote:I am very interested in social justice and human rights. I'd enjoy being a program manager perhaps in the nonprofit or governmental agency. I wish I knew what my career goals were.i really enjoyed working for a statewide nonprofit that worked to empower young people to be grassroots leaders in their government. Thanks for replying and sorry for my half ass answer, lol

Then, I recommend social science, psychology, or business administration.
Sanantone's BSBA General Management - Degree Forum Wiki
Sanantone's BA in Psychology - Degree Forum Wiki
Sanantone's BA in Social Science - Degree Forum Wiki
Sanantone's General Education Options - Degree Forum Wiki
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Hi Upton,

Yeah, I knew you would have this super handy list of plans. This is SO helpful to so many. You are an awesome help!

Would you be so kind to add a link for one of your spreadsheets for TESC BA Humanities please? I am going to finish my BSN in September, but I can't "walk" till the following September. When I look at the Humanities BA, I am VERY close, and I think I still want to do it. My Husband also might want to get this degree. He just needs a Bachelors, not even a speciality and he was a music major before coming to the USA.

Thanks,
T

UptonSinclair Wrote:Just a quick bump to provide links to some helpful spreadsheets.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Thank you Smile YOU made MY day! I am so encouraged by your spirit and drive! I plan to tell your story to many…so you better graduate so that I can tell them about the an amazing person who against the odds, made it in the world! I can't wait to tell them that you made it in the world on your own terms because of your own drive and the fantastic resource that online learning has to offer. Beyond that….you want to work in a field that HELPS people that had things rough…Its full circle and such a beautiful story! I can't wait to find out more, hear about you beating even more of the odds and truly being a person that makes a difference in peoples lives.

In my opinion, some of the greatest people in all of time have been the people that beat the odds. David and Goliath, MLK, Thomas Edison, Rudy the football player from Notre Dame…it goes on.

We all decide what we are going to do with our God given talents, and I believe that everyone has something unique and wonderful about them. The world might not be able or willing to "pay" for that talent, but if you find a way to use your gifts…especially to help others…to me that's not only a gift to society, but a gift to yourself. You have been through so much, stuff I can only imagine after living in so many different homes. Now it's time to use what you learned does not work, work to fix that stuff for as many people as you can…and thus give yourself the gift of accomplishment. Getting a degree certainly is a great way to validate a sense of self accomplishment.

I think we might have a chance to see great things out of you GeorgeCa!

Enjoy the journey!
T
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Getiton1 Wrote:Would you be so kind to add a link for one of your spreadsheets for TESC BA Humanities please?

As requested
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,013 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU BA MATH plan - feedback appreciated MeOldChina 8 2,854 06-16-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: MeOldChina
  Feedback Request for TESU BALS Humanities plan infrar3d 12 2,924 03-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  [noob] Looking for direction clmccullough@kc.rr.com 10 2,070 10-29-2017, 01:24 AM
  Business in Society TECEP Feedback Please runnergirlnae 18 5,703 06-14-2017, 01:34 AM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Specific Exam Feedback Sparkle93 1 968 05-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Last Post: keepsingin
  COSC Health Information Management Degree Plan - Feedback Needed daristotle 1 1,000 04-28-2017, 03:40 PM
  Possible Degree Plan Feedback - Accounting TESU lmckown 3 1,006 04-28-2017, 12:00 AM
Last Post: lmckown
  Looking for feedback on my (version of dfrecore's) TESU / Study.com Degree Plan nerd 4 871 02-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Last Post: nerd
  Help with Direction Taliesin 2 661 01-30-2017, 03:14 PM