Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would not accept any Sophia courses
Excelsior told me that they determined they could not accept any of my Sophia courses because the degree I am going for is ABET accredited...
Nuclear Engineering Technology.
Yes that's right, zero. Zero of the 40 Sophia courses were accepted by them!
And what's worse, they told me that some of the other courses that I took at other colleges with the exact same name as the courses they require, wouldn't transfer over either because of one reason or another.
I had estimated I would need 7 classes to finish my Bachelor's.
They told me I needed to take 18!!!
Ouch! I would suggest applying to TESU: https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/bs/nuc...ngineering Assuming they take "everything", they should be cheaper than taking 18 classes at Excelsior.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Weird, I thought they would take them as these are just general education/elective courses. The courses in the AOS/Major is most important and harder to transfer in as there aren't many Nuclear Engineering alternative credit courses available anyway. Yes, I would also recommend transferring all you've got to TESU as their program is also ABET! Good luck!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Can you list out your courses? I finished my BSNET last year. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t know about Sophia until close to the end. Fortunately for me, I had taken CC classes over the years. I learned about Sophia THROUGH EU. At that time, I had 4 classes left. They accepted Sophia English comp 2, but not ethics due to the ABET accreditation, so I took that at the CC. Things MAY have changed due to the college to university change, but I don’t see why that would matter. I also remember having to send the college handbook description for some CC classes I took to them to get them to accept them. Can’t remember which ones, though.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
I would think that the ABET accreditation would only be important for the major, rather than GE & Free Electives. I might question them further.

I'd also look at TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Conflict Resolution Haykay 5 1,684 08-06-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is there anything else I could fill in with Sophia? Vle045 9 2,061 07-16-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,081 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,367 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  EU Business Degree Courses NBM123 5 1,147 09-16-2022, 08:49 AM
Last Post: new2this
  Principles of Management CLEP vs Sophia for EU NBM123 9 1,422 09-15-2022, 05:53 PM
  SDC computer courses UL requirement? homeschoolmom1 7 1,322 06-09-2022, 09:59 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  sophia learning easiest courses without essays TZEMU36444 19 5,957 02-05-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  How are the courses structured at EC? Bachelorsat25 0 1,040 07-31-2021, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Bachelorsat25
  Upper Level Credits/DAU Courses sava60 15 3,638 12-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Last Post: oroseeo