Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would someone please give me some advice regarding TESU tuition?
I'm not sure what's going on with your exports, but the right side is being cut off. That being said, it looks like you have 6 RA credits so far, you'll get another 6 from cornerstone/capstone, so you need another 18 minimum.

You have a few different options for RA credits. You can go through TEL Learning, ONU, or a local community college. Personally, I would just take some TECEPs. Managerial Accounting, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, and 3 more LL ones to fill up your GEs and Electives. If you care about hitting 16 credits to avoid the residency waiver, 1 or more of those can be taken as E-packs instead.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(06-16-2021, 02:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Sometimes it's very hard to read everything and comprehend what the document is saying as there are a few things it covers.  
1) RA - Regionally Accredited, that means community college/universities that are accredited by agencies deemed acceptable by TESU
2) 114 credits can be transferred by any 4 year college or university, meaning you can transfer in everything except 2 courses

If you read the second indented space, it says you only need to take two courses from them, the SOS 110 and the capstone.  Those two are the only required courses, everything else can be transferred in, and you have a max of 90 non RA credits, but it has to come from approved providers.

Thank you so much for that explanation. I understand now.

(06-16-2021, 02:21 PM)Flelm Wrote: Hi, the distinction you're missing is "Community college". There is a difference between a community college (generally only grants Associates degrees) and a 4 year college or university. Also, those two transfer numbers are not cumulative, they are separate numbers.

You can transfer in unlimited community college credits, but only 90 can apply to a bachelors degree.
You can transfer in unlimited alternative credit, but only 90 can apply to a bachelors degree.
You can transfer in unlimited 4-year college credit, and all of it can apply to a bachelors degree.

RA means regionally accredited. It's means that the college/university is accredited by one of the regional accreditors in the United States recognized by the department of education.

Compare with:
1. Nationally accredited, which means that it's accredited by a national organization (that's still recognized by the department of education)
2. Programmatic accreditation, which means one or more of their degrees/majors has been certified by a professional body in that arena
3. Licensed, which generally means the state gives them license to operate
4. Unaccredited, which means it's just someone starting up a school.

EDIT: As always, Rachel has a good writeup: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Accreditation

That is exactly what I kept missing. I understand now and I am working on making sure I transfer 114 credits. Thank you!

(06-16-2021, 12:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Anyone can transfer in 114 credits.

90 credits can be from alternate sources.

24 credits must come from an RA source. This includes TECEPs, UExcels, TEL Learning, Olivet Nazarene University, and so on.

bjcheung 77 did an excellent write-up on how to maximize your Pell Grant. The thread is here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses

TESU advisors generally know nothing compared to those of us who have been around for a while. They, unfortunately, often give incorrect or outdated information. They are especially unhelpful if you are not a fully enrolled student and are only a prospective or applicant student.

Rachel, you are right about these counselors giving incorrect info. I am so grateful you all are here. Thank you. I am going to read more about that Pell Grant because what I was told was totally different.

(06-17-2021, 04:47 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 02:37 PM)Risingstar Wrote: Yeah, they have already updated it because I was speaking to an advisor today. I have to download the eval via TESU. BRB

Here is apparently my final eval. It is good to have you guys to figure this all out. Of course, you need to enlarge it because I am sure you have seen TESU's presentation.

I haven't seen it myself yet. They didn't listen to me. Clearly. I have taken Statistics and now taking Business Law. I finished Accounting a few days ago and Micro and Macro Economics is completed.

I took the courses from Teex but I do not see where I was given credit.

Online for Everyone – Non-Technical - Cyber 101 (3) TEEX
Online for IT Professionals - Cyber 201 (3) TEEX
Online for Business Professionals - Cyber 301 (4) TEEX
Did you submit the Sophia courses on the credily transcript? If so was the TEEX courses on there?

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
 After speaking with my counselor today she told me that the TEEX needed to be on an ACE stamped form...something like that. They are on  Credly so I have resubmitted the doc. However, she did explain since I am working on a BSBA with CIS the Cyber TEEX credits would only apply to the Degree Electives. I have 10 credits open for General Elective which she told me they will not apply to because TESU will only expect those credits from Humanities,  Social Science,  and / or Understand the Physical and Natural World, I think on the last one. So I don't know if she is correct about that but if she is others may want to know about it. But I have resubmitted my updated Credly transcript. We will see. I will keep you guys updated.

(06-17-2021, 07:39 AM)Flelm Wrote: I'm not sure what's going on with your exports, but the right side is being cut off. That being said, it looks like you have 6 RA credits so far, you'll get another 6 from cornerstone/capstone, so you need another 18 minimum.

You have a few different options for RA credits. You can go through TEL Learning, ONU, or a local community college. Personally, I would just take some TECEPs. Managerial Accounting, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, and 3 more LL ones to fill up your GEs and Electives. If you care about hitting 16 credits to avoid the residency waiver, 1 or more of those can be taken as E-packs instead.

Big Grin Big Grin Thank you so much for that advice. I appreciate you.

(06-17-2021, 07:39 AM)Flelm Wrote: I'm not sure what's going on with your exports, but the right side is being cut off. That being said, it looks like you have 6 RA credits so far, you'll get another 6 from cornerstone/capstone, so you need another 18 minimum.

I don't know why it is cutting off. It is cut off on their site as well. I have to perform a long scroll to see anything.
(06-21-2021, 10:07 AM)Risingstar Wrote: I don't know why it is cutting off. It is cut off on their site as well. I have to perform a long scroll to see anything.

Log in with Chrome or Firefox. Zoom out (should be 'Ctrl' plus '-' on Windows or 'Cmd' plus '-' on Mac) until you can see the right side of the screen. Then use the Fireshot plugin to take screenshots of the whole page and save to PDF. Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 168 5 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 11 hours ago
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 238 11 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 211 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 253 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 359 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 532 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM