Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with BSBA-HR degree
I'd like to thank everyone here for helping me get back into the swing of things education wise.    This forum has been soo valuable and has allowed me to get back into school and help pave the way for my highschool boys to get ahead in their degree path.     We are as a team working on CLEP tests and it's all because I stumbled onto this forum a month or so ago.

I'd like to request some specific assistance in regards to the TESU BSBA - Human Resources degree path for myself.    I'm in the process of sending in all of my transcripts to TESU for review and have been working at CLEP and Study.com for the past month.    I'm hoping someone can help me with finding the proper courses to take going forward to be most efficient in my degree path.

I have around 50 credits currently, however I'm unsure how some will fit in this program.   Attached is my current Credit Log I've maintained of what I have and I'm hoping one of you Veterans of TESU could help me figure out the best path.

Any help of suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Credit Log.xlsx (Size: 18.65 KB / Downloads: 9)
Just an FYI, your insurance courses (and a lot of other credits) will be lost in the HR degree, as they don't count for anything in the degree.  So, you might want to look at the BS in Professional Services to see if that might be of interest to you.  That way, you could use the Insurance courses as your Specialty, and all 14cr will work there (and it looks like 9cr would be UL as well).

But I made a spreadsheet for you for the BSBA/HR degree anyway.

Also, you may want to look into Excelsior and COSC, they may take a lot more of your courses than TESU will (the BSBA especially, has very little space for free electives and other non-traditional coursework).

Last, you may really want to look at WGU, as they won't take as much coursework as you've already done, but they may come out to cost the least, and they have an BSB-HR degree.  You can still bring in a lot of credit, but then take the final term at WGU for about $3500.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the input and assistance. I might look at the Professional services, but I kind of had my heart set on HR. Did you attached at SS, I'd love to look it over?
Not sure why the spreadsheet didn't come through, I'll try it again.

Attached Files
.xlsx   jimmy999 TESU BSBA HR.xlsx (Size: 62.43 KB / Downloads: 15)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon
Thank you for your help...

It sucks that I can't use all of those other credits, especially the UL insurance ones.....Might force me to look into another option ;(
(04-27-2018, 06:22 AM)Jimmy999 Wrote: Thank you for your help...

It sucks that I can't use all of those other credits, especially the UL insurance ones.....Might force me to look into another option ;(

When you have unusual credits like those, honestly, TESU is not your best option (MAYBE the BALS, but even then, not the best bet).

Check out COSC, EC, and WGU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,226 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,873 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,361 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,682 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,898 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,786 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,048 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,031 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,338 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627